1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comfort Zone is the killer

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SaiyanWarrior, Mar 20, 2021.

1. SaiyanWarrior

SaiyanWarrior Fapstronaut

Guys I have so much to achieve but can't overcome procrastination and come out of comfort zone. How do you guys come out of comfort zone and build a momentum towards success be it a dentist appointment or job or anything?

Asgardian36 likes this.
  2. Loving Loveless

Loving Loveless Fapstronaut

Phyiscal work, aye lad. Always try to move, to be productive. Even if its playing games with my little cousins. Do not give your addiction any time to develop, and do not give it circumstances to take over.

Change your surroundings. Success comes in change, not repeating the same mistakes...

3. SaiyanWarrior

SaiyanWarrior Fapstronaut

Move to be productive. Got it

4. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

There's a balance to find, in having enough responsibilities so you're not feeling useless or bored, and having too much going on where you get overwhelmed and stress out. That just takes practice to find you happy balance.

When looking for goals, try focusing on what you can control, i.e. the serenity test.

Reward yourself every day, even small things like a coffee break and conversation with the barista, or walk at a park and smiling at someone does it sometimes. Again it comes down to that balance, all commitment and no fun gets tiresome.

Apart from that, I would just recommend the basics. Plenty of water and healthy food, 8 hours sleep (often underestimated for our health, and some days with recovery you may get benefits from sleeping in), regular exercise, and regular socializing.

Asgardian36 and SaiyanWarrior like this.
  5. callousedfinger

callousedfinger Fapstronaut

Somebody here recommended “Mans Search for Meaning,” and although I’ve planned to read this for almost 5 years now, I decided to pick it up when I had the chance. This book is monumental for perspective, and has helped me live a more action-centric life. I prioritize meditation/working out, and studying for self care, and at the first moment I have, my next down the line is doing what I can for my mom and sis. Picking up the house and fixing shit when it breaks and even just emotionally supporting them when life takes its toll.

To paraphrase a bit, “Ask not what you expect from life, ask what life expects out of you.” That’s helped me rediscover old joys and meaningful activities - growing long dormant parts of myself, to what feels to be a restoration of my soul.

SaiyanWarrior likes this.
  6. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

7. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Gym, fighting/sparring, books, journaling, manly podcasts, meditation, meaningful hobbies, etc. Anything where you can see progress and grow your confidence, where as soon as you get a taste you'll want to sprint after it. Write down your physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, and career/hobby goals, never accept defeat in the chase of those goals, (keep them realistic though) and become a more complete beast. One who has forged a sword with the surrounding heat of the hell it took to get there.

Cheers!

SaiyanWarrior likes this.