1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comparison of Relationships and Books(for people in the dating world/social world)

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Clean Plate, Mar 18, 2017.

Tags:

This should replace the "OLD" stereotype of "DATING"?

1. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

"Books and relationships are very similar. The first similarity is ... Can you read more than one book at the same time? One in the morning, one in the afternoon, one in the evening etc... Can you read 3 books without getting totally confused?... YES, you probably can it's not that difficult. Can you read 50 books at the same time without getting confused?...NO, probably not. There's only a certain number you can manage, it may be 3,5,10, but more than that it can get confusing. Same with relationships, there's a certain amount of relationships you can handle, otherwise you lose track of them.

Now, if you are reading a book and you're reading another book at the same time, the first one is about politics. Does the other book have to be about politics? NO, you can read another one about cooking, one about gardening, right. The books can be of different nature, same with relationships. The relationships will be of different nature, one is more "professional", one is more "sexual", one is more "friendship", one is just to play "soccer" etc, men don't have to sleep with every women they meet, or for a woman every man she meets.

Some books are novels...they are big books, they get you very involved and you want to read them for a long time and wish they never end because they are so nice and have long stories. Other books are very little and you want them just for the entertainment they give you during the weekend or a long flight...Same with relationships. Some books you read on a daily, other books take a long time. When you finish reading the book, do you just drop it in the corner? NO, you fold the corners, remove the bookmark, dust it off, and put it back on the shelf with RESPECT. So that other books will see that that's the way you treat a book. More than that...

Stop using the word "breakup","breakup" suggests "fight". You don't "breakup" you "grow apart" it's not to be used as a euphemism because you grow in different directions. Everytime you read a book it makes you smarter and more experienced. More prepared to read the next book that comes along. That's why it's important to always read something. So, If you are not going out and getting a relationship, still go out and do something. Interact with people because that will prepare you when the right person comes along, you're intellectual and your game muscles are exercised already.
    Even if you don't have now the exact book you would like to find, but there is a book of quality within reach, and you have the opportunity, read it anyway. The most important of all...It doesn't matter how many times you read the book, the ending is always the same. Breakup(last time used here) comes back and the endings still the same. "Let's try again" the endings the same, it will never change. DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER"

wearefamily87 and Headspace like this.
  2. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

That's an interesting comparison, but I do believe in relationships that take way longer than any book I'd read, may be lifelong. Only today I met an old friend of 20 years and we had the most amazing philosophical debate. We are not even sharing the same views, but we are able to listen to each other and get each other's point across. It was mind-opening for me, and for him too, I think. In love, I haven't really experienced a long-lasting relationship yet, but I am looking for it.

Clean Plate likes this.