1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Concentration/ Study betterment after reboot

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Hello there... I’m posting this thread to ask if anybody has pre-/post-reboot experiences with changes concerning academic performance, whether it’s increased motivation, focus, better grades, general increase in interest... etc

I’d appreciate your input, especially that I’m going through this academic crisis, where I’m faced with making the decision of either going back home after 3 years of studying abroad due to depression, (social) anxiety, lack of studying and motivation , and the consequent inability to take tests. OR taking a free semester to seriously reboot, take antidepressants and catch up on everything... (I have to mention tho that I tried taking a free semester before I’d even discovered nofap, but I was relapsing too frequently to get my shit together).

I want to know whether it’s mainly PMO and its damage that’s preventing me from going forward or that I just can’t adapt to living abroad...

2. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

Overall after and during nofap you will have most will power and energy to focus on studies.

moominfindinglight likes this.
  3. In addition to all the things you mentioned, is loneliness a part of your life now? Lonely people tend to fall into the a dangerous downward spiral when they try to change their old habits / thought patterns. Just let me know about your social life. I'm also researching on this issue.

moominfindinglight likes this.
  4. NoFap can definetly help but it's not solving your problems on it's own.

Even if you are not PMOing for a long period of time, you still have to get up yourself, talk to people yourself and start to study by yourself.

NoFap helps with stopping PMOing all the time, which leaves you with more time and (to an extend) better quality of life.

But if you spend that time with useless activities (gaming for example) it won't help you with your problems.

That being said, NoFap is not your only option to better yourself. There are a lot of other tools at your disposal you can use.

I personally would not suggest a semester off, as I think that leaves you with too much free time and too little purpose.
    Most importantly get the social aspect of your life together, try to force yourself to study for a short period (even if only ten minutes a day and then try to increase), maybe meditation and/or if you have the option a psychiatrist (is that the right word?)

Also consider if you even want to study? Not everybody has to, maybe you would enjoy working with your hands more?

moominfindinglight and SirErnest like this.