1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Consuming whole raw eggs?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Marik757, Mar 5, 2019.

Do you eat whole raw eggs?

1. Yes

44.0%
  2. No

56.0%
  1. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

Out of curiosity who here consumes raw eggs?

I would like to know more of peoples experiences health wise such as benefits, or as to why they choose to consume it raw. Not looking so much for negatives such as salmonella, or you'll die from high cholesterol...

An few days ago my sister cracked an whole raw egg over an bowl of rice with soy sauce. Felt disgusted, but intrigued. She told me she has been doing it for years. So she dared me to consume an raw egg. I did it, not just one, but 2. Havent gotten sick.

That said...

I already know some bodybuilders eat raw eggs because the yolks contains good cholesterol which is converted to testosterone by the body and promote muscle growth. Mainly bodybuilders from those in the past when protein powders/supplements werent heavily advertised. For some raisin the average Joe bodybuilder of today look nothing like those in the past.

Some vegans consume eggs raw an protein source.

Some foods contain raw eggs that people consume (ceasar dressing, hollandaise sauce, cookie dough batter...).

Apparently the media, and what I've been researching is mainly about the negative side effects of reating raw eggs. Or in general giving eggs an bad rep.

2. I don't think you know what vegan is. Do you mean vegetarians?

Anyhow, sounds disgusting. And yes, there are risks of salmonella. This whole raw egg idea sounds stupid. Because there are other high protein, high cholesterol foods that are safer and actually taste (unlike raw eggs) delicious.

3. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

Yes you're right, vegetarians by bad...

I dont know about consuming eggs being stupid. Having been raised in an asian culture as an kid it was common to find dishes where you would crack an raw egg over food. Heck even in Korea or Vietnam some people would crack an whole egg into their coffee... yet doing that wouldnt being cook the egg completely.

My sister asked me what's the difference between an raw egg, sunny side up eggs? Because you cook an sunny side up eggs just for an few seconds does it make it safer? You still have an chance to get sick because the yolks isnt cooked thru.

Same could be said for eating an rare steak. If the sear on the outside of the steak is the shell of the egg. Then the inside can have an chance to get you sick.

In terms of the shell of the egg as long as you inspect it for cracks, holes, how it wobbles, etc then you should be fine.

4. Infinite spirit

Infinite spirit Fapstronaut

It's completely healthy and nutritious ..enough bullshit. The taste is disgusting for sure..but hey..its worth it.

5. You kind of have a point there. We consume raw animal foods all the time. Rare steak, tartar, sushi, etc. And we put raw eggs in things like mayo or egg milk punch all the time. It's possible that the dangers are exaggerated a lot.

I still find raw eggs disgusting. At least by themselves. If slightly cooked the taste and texture is altered a little bit. And if mixed with other things like rice and some spices it also tastes different and have different texture, cos it's mixed with other ingredients. I can understand this more. I have tried raw egg in rice Asian style and it was quite tasty, also sunny side up I like. But drinking them plain like Rocky did in the movie... yuck!

6. Infinite spirit

Please try eating raw eggs daily and notice how much stronger you will be

7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

8. Marcelo48

Marcelo48 Fapstronaut

I've heard about the salmonella risk but I don't know how big it is. Seems disgusting to me though.

9. No thanks. I might have them couple times a year as a snack but I definitely not gonna eat them on regular. Even if that would make me stronger, it would not be worth trading it for my long term health.

But anyways, what makes you stronger is not eggs. It is high fat, calorie and protein consumption. There is no nutrient in eggs that we can not get from other more healthy sources, such as leagues, nuts and seeds.

10. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Whats wrong with just having an omelette or scrambled? Do they lose nutrition? They will taste a heck of a lot better and you won't ever get sick.

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Infinite spirit

Nothing wrong with that. Except raw eggs are just another deal..try it and you will get it. And also you will not get sick from it..its a myth

12. brilliantidiot

What do you mean another deal? Like heavier?
    Its not a myth, just extremely rare.

13. Infinite spirit

Yes it's so powerful your body will be steal.

14. brilliantidiot

Well, it looks like about 1 in 20,000 eggs has salmonella, so I might give it a try...

15. Infinite spirit

Cool..make sure it's raw and minimum 7 eggs a day+your carbs +lifting weights .

Marik757 and brilliantidiot like this.
  16. England is one of the lowest risk countries for salmonella, but the risks are still high enough not to warrant skipping cracking them into a bowl and putting them in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring, another 2 minutes. Especially since salmonella will not only set you back athletically by a massive amount, as you'll be purged of nutrients and won't be able to eat for fucking ages, it can also leave your body permanently damaged.

The US food industry is fucked to high heaven, so I wouldn't trust their eggs for shit.

Eggs prepared in the way I mentioned will be perfectly fine nutritionally. Some research even suggests they will be better for you- something to do with the protein structure or some shit.

Bodybuilders look different mainly due to using different performance enhancing chemicals these days from what I've heard- so the gut muscles protrude a lot for instance.

17. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Taking raw egg with milk will give insane amount of energy
    Some athletes do that

18. One Strong Girl

One Strong Girl Fapstronaut

Whenever I cook something with eggs, I’ll wash my hands multiple times. Not a fan of salmonella lol

I also like my eggs done (not runny at all not even a little).

brilliantidiot and Coffee Candy like this.
  19. jhow47

jhow47 Fapstronaut

I will try this, i eat 3 scrambled eggs in breakfast.

20. I do, almost every day. I read that the chance of getting salmonella is <1% and the chance of you showing symptoms is even less than that. Some fitness gurus believe that cooking eggs cooks out the nutrients. Supposedly, the cholesterol in the yolks is helpful in raising testosterone levels, too. I don't mind the taste, but the texture is pretty gross lol. Mmmm....slimy.

Marik757 likes this.