1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Continuing to Struggle

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Mar 20, 2023.

1. I continue to struggle with my addiction to chat and masturbation. I understand the urgency of overcoming this deleterious behavior.

- I am betraying my wife with my behavior.
    - I am destroying my soul.
    - I am damaging my sexual performance.

But in the heat of the moment, I experience this inner drive and need. Something seems to call me. Go to the chat room, find a "friend", chat, masturbate.

My addiction to being aroused - to being hard is powerful. I feel so alive when I am hard. I know rationally that I need to stop. However, rational thought is displaced by this inner calling.

I continue to struggle.

2. fitbro07

fitbro07 Fapstronaut

Maybe you're just looking for that bro / comraderie connection of being raw and open about your sexuality. There are healthy ways to fill that legitimate need.

3. I think you are exactly correct on this point. If I examine my own attitudes and impulses, I find that I enjoy being raw and open about my sexuality. What are your thoughts regarding healthy ways to express that?

SwimmingLaps and Craig2121 like this.
  4. Not sure if it's got to do with being raw and open. Maybe it is just sexting and jerking. Maybe a healthy approach would be not to glorify it. See it for what it is.

Sorry if I get involved .... :) A healthy way to express your rawness, your masculintiy, your sexuality could be by using this sexual energy and develop a strong mind, a conqueror's mind.

mind.png

And you might find the answers you are looking for in what you said yourself:

What would be a possible way to live that rawness and openess with her?
    How would your soul use this energy when not wasted in sexting and jerking?

Imagine yourself in all your manhood, feel that power, feel that strength and simply enjoy. The fun is not to give in. The real power is to be able to choose.

If it gets overwhelming get away from the computer. Do push-ups, go running, go to the gym, chop wood in the forest, dance with your wife, feel it, smell it, taste it this freedom.

5. DeepRecovery

DeepRecovery Fapstronaut

I used to have the chat room issue, and that kind of disappeared overnight. I can relate it to one point in your post, which is feeling alive- but not in an adrenaline rush sense of a high but more like someone gets me. (this coincided with starting to see someone) The thing is I'm not even looking forward to sex after a long time it's just nice to share things on a number of levels. It actually makes me a little disoriented because it's very different from what I'm used to. I don't know if I can describe it well enough but I guess if this can happen with me why not someone else? And not necessarily a new relationship but maybe relating in a new way.