1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Could masturbation be the cause of my neurosis?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Fluac, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Fluac

Fluac New Fapstronaut

I have fought too much with my partner, he acted like a neurotic, I have been masturbating for several years every day, I am very thin. Could it be because of masturbation? I really do not want to lose my wife or my family, I need help!

2. tiredofdoingthis

tiredofdoingthis Fapstronaut

Hard to say. I definitely feel like my anger spikes when I go back to PMO. It lessens at times when I manage to get away from it....As you see from my counter, that's not going so well. Very stressed, then PMO and the cycle seems to repeat.

3. therealitycheck

therealitycheck Fapstronaut

You could see a counselor regarding the issue but of course the consensus is that "masturbation is healthy and normal". With that said, I can only share my own experiences. I tend to have mild neurotic tendencies that subside completely after 2 - 3 weeks of NoFap. This may or may not also be applicable to you.

4. therealitycheck

therealitycheck Fapstronaut

Possibly, I'm not going to guarantee it as our bodies are all different. Not flooding your brain with dopamine all the time and jizzing out minerals like zinc will definitely help. Again, these initial benefits take at least a couple of weeks for me to manifest themselves and really take off after a month. There are some resources here that list the detrimental effects of PMO on the brain you should go over.