1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

could this be a panic attack?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Hi I am Arifin, 19yo. I have quit P in Jan 2018 but not M. This year I decided to start hardmode on 29 April 2019. In June I came to different city for my higher studies and I am living alone in a hostel room since then. I have an experience to share, related to panic attack. I am not sure about it, so guys be my judge and guide me. Here it goes:

1 August
    6:30- Woke up. Attended my class happily.
    13:20- Left my coaching center.
    13:35- Reached my hostel. Met my hostel maid in the way. Got into conversation. Frustrated.
    13:39- Came to room. Released frustration by hitting myself and throwing pillow. Relaxed. Everything fine.
    13:40- Started negative self talk.
    13:44- Started having thoughts "What did I do this to myself?" and so on. By this time I was near my bed, and suddenly my legs froze there. A fear crept over me. Thought I was fainting or having a heart attack. Heartbeat, breathing rate, my pulses began to race, I could feel an "energy" in my body. Felt as if I injected a heavy drug in my blood. I was scared. Fled the room immediately and reached my hostel main gate. Things began to steer by now. Heartbeat nearly normal.
    13:50- Came back to room. Scared and confused. Tried to remember the situation. Everything seemed foggy.

THIS SAME THING HAPPENED ON 14 SEPT IN MY ROOM (LASTED FOR 1-2 MIN).
    I M'ED (WITHOUT P) ON 16 AUG, BUT IT WAS THE WORST M EVER. I COULD NOT FINISH PROPERLY.

ON 23 SEPT I WENT TO A PSYCHIATRIST. HE DID NOT TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT PANIC ATTACK AND GAVE ME MEDICATIONS (PROPANONOL AND TOFIOSPAM).
    AFTER EATING I FELT DIZZY AND DROWSY. SO I STOPPED THEM ON 25 SEPT AND ADOPTED YOGA AND MEDITATION AFTER CONSULTING.

I feel detachment from myself. I miss the old me. This accident was exhausting. Not yet sure about panic attack but here are symptoms I am having at the moment: Dizziness, Nausea, Fatigue, Short Breaths, Numbness in limbs, restlessness, headache (like acute migraines), feeling unreal, anxious.

If this was panic attack, guys pls reply with "YES IT WAS A PANIC ATTACK".

2. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Absolutely. Those symptoms you describe can keep plaguing you even long after the panic attack. You have to do more focused belly breathing and try to calm your mind.