1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Creative work and sexual energy- Benefits for artists and creative persons.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Heráclito, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Heráclito

Heráclito Fapstronaut

Hello everybody!

I been thinking what are the benefits of Nofap for the creative mind.
    Would like to invite you all to joing this threath. Specialy all of you that do some kind of creative job: writting, drawing, painting, photography, music...etc.

Lets share storys, experiences, researches, book, music.

¿Have you notice benefits in your creative process and work since joining Nofap?
    ¿How was it, how it happened?
    ¿Is creative activity helping you to cope with adiction, be a better person?

Present yourself, tell us about you and your creative work/interests.
    Lest keep it real.

2. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

I think looking at it as a category is umop ap!sdn. The nature of creativity is the opposite of addiction, so it does make sense as a natural relationship. It can probably work either way - as you recover you may be more creative, but creativity itself can probably be used towards recovery and reboot.

If we're on here posting, we all write. I saw a thread on a drawing a day. I wonder about the recovery/reboot process being a creative one vs. a rigid, non-creative one. There is a lot of room in even popular recovery programs for creativity, but it doesn't seem to be seen as a value a lot of times. There's almost a militant, industrial attitude of do the work and do it repeatedly.

I recently posted this interview with a research scientist who identified seven primal emotions, and mind you this is rooted in our neurology evidently - and one of them is play. That's not exactly a quality most people might see as being essential in addiction recovery, yet it seems to be an essential human need rooted in the brain. The thing is you can't really do it alone, and if other people think of working a program as all work and no play then that's an environment that is not conducive to this very essential and neglected quality.

3. One_More_Chance

One_More_Chance Fapstronaut

Honestly, I have noticed both good and bad things about my creative process on nofap (Im a graphic designer).

In the beginning, I was really psyched to improve my craft and push myself.

Now, I am actually talking a bit to some girls and i noticed how im becoming distracted from my work and studies due to becoming sexually aroused so easily. I sometimes sit and breathe hard at my desk with a full erection by simply thinking about a girl (It doesnt even have to be sexual). Honestly, If my libido doesnt go down or if I cant find a girlfriend to take care of it now and then, I may have to start masturbating in order to maintain focus (I have tried working out every single morning, but my energy spikes later in the day anyway and my arousal comes back).

Anyway, lets give it a while longer and see if it goes down.