Cryptocurrency thread: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, etc - discuss it all here.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by JesusGreen, Sep 1, 2017.

1. JesusGreen

JesusGreen Fapstronaut

Whether you're a supporter of crypto, or convinced it's all speculative investment and a bubble that's soon to pop - you're welcome in this thread.

I'd like this thread to have both serious in depth discussion, but also to have room for price updates and more relaxed less serious talk about the subject.

So this thread was inspired by Bitcoin setting a new all time high as it just broke $4,900 about half an hour ago. I'm excited to see the price charting new territory - and was curious if anyone else here at NoFap has any interest in crypto.

[​IMG]

Do you trade crypto? Are you holding any of them as a long term investment? Are you interested in blockchain technology? Or maybe you're just hoping it'll all crash and burn?

Let's hear your thoughts!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Son of a Bitch likes this.
  2. What exactly is crypto currency?

3. JesusGreen

JesusGreen Fapstronaut

I think someone else will explain it better than I do. I really like this video as a beginner explanation of cryptocurrency. They talk about Bitcoin specifically, but other cryptocurrencies work in a similar way. Bitcoin is the main cryptocurrency, but there are some others that also have interesting uses.

Tl;dr though: I personally believe cryptocurrency is the future of currency. i.e. I see things like credit cards and bank transfers dying out in favour of crypto.

johan0 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. It's an interesting topic. Have you used or do you use Bitcoin?

5. JesusGreen

JesusGreen Fapstronaut

Yes, I've used it to send, receive, and store money. I currently also have a small amount invested in it, since I believe the price has a long way up to go still.

I'm currently also considering ordering myself a Bitcoin debit card. This is a regular fiat money debit card, but rather than being connected to a bank account, you simply send some Bitcoin to the card, and you can use it anywhere that regular debit cards are accepted, as long as you have enough Bitcoin to cover the cost of the item when converted to regular cash.

This gets around the main current issue with Bitcoin, that not enough vendors accept it - since with a Bitcoin debit card you can spend it anywhere.

6. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

I have a bit of Crypto and I'm waiting for a few years. Maybe it will be worth a lot. If not, I'm not sad about the loss. It's nothing that I couldn't afford to lose.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    JesusGreen likes this.
  7. I've been looking into investing in this as well. I need to learn more on the topic though. I've also invested in some foreign currency in the hopes of a global currency reset but I doubt that's ever going to happen anytime soon.

JesusGreen likes this.
  8. It's looks as though it'll be the future of currency but it needs a lot of regulating.

JesusGreen likes this.
  9. JesusGreen

JesusGreen Fapstronaut

Have you used Steemit at all? Or just invested in the currency? I was shown the Steemit site recently and was curious about trying it out. Not sure how much posts there actually earn, but if there is actually any profit to it, it could be interesting.

10. Tanner

Tanner Fapstronaut

Ive just recently started looking into Crypto. Its very interesting! The Bitcoin price jump looks to me like a bit of a bubble (up $1k-2k in a month), but I do think it will come back down and balance out a bit. I just invested a tiny bit into IOTA, which I plan on holding for a couple of years probably.

On the contrary, that is part of what makes Bitcoin so interesting, there is no regulation. The users technically own the currency, and no banks or governments are required to operate it.

What this means in the long run will be of particular interest, because I cant see governments not trying to regulate it in some way.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  11. JesusGreen

JesusGreen Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

That feel when you've more than doubled your money in under 3 months.

[​IMG]

DarkwingDuck likes this.
  12. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

The log chart doesn't look too bad. Guess I might put some of my silver into Bitcoin. Do not even bother looking at the linear chart.

The question is will you have the nerve to sell it when everyone starts piling in on the parabolic spike....

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  13. Buzz Lightyear

Ok, so if it goes on a parabolic spike next year, you could be looking at 100,000! I'll probably bail there.... or maybe 170,000.:eek:[​IMG]

14. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

10,000!

Well, there’s one good thing the good ol’ DW did for me.

15. Buzz Lightyear

Good buying op here. looking to buy this dip.

[​IMG]

16. pathetic guy

pathetic guy Fapstronaut

I'm an older guy so please bare with me.

Can Bitcoin be converted back and forth between the US dollar. I'm thinking along the lines of investing in precious metals.

How does a person cash out?

17. I missed out :emoji_cry: :emoji_thermometer_face::emoji_weary::emoji_confounded::emoji_sob::emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed_relieved::emoji_bow::emoji_clock2::emoji_angry:. Could've had it all, clothes at the mall, a girl 6 feet tall, a car that doesn't stall, a gold chain that hangs down to my balls!!!!!:emoji_basketball: Could've had it all...

:emoji_violin:

18. Buzz Lightyear

It's all money illusion. they are just numbers. Follow the trend... and get out before everyone else.

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. pathetic guy

pathetic guy Fapstronaut

So hoe does this post the betterment of this thread, may I ask?

20. May I ask dear sir, why this thread needs to be better?