1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cultivating Male Sexuality

A group for Buddhist Fapstronauts to connect.

1. Larophile

Larophile Fapstronaut

Now I know this title might sound strange on nofap, but I'm referring to a book that is a guide towards true sexual health. It is extremely specific and very supportive of preserving male vitality. There are various techniques, among other things, for recirculating energy that is stuck in the groin to other parts of the body. It is by the Taoist master Mantak Chia based on some pretty old practices as I understand it. Personally, it has saved me many times and I am deeply indebted to the knowledge in this book.

plant goodness and A41:14A like this.
  2. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I have had the book for years and just pulled it out again today. It's an excellent book.

plant goodness likes this.
  3. Cultivating Male Sexual Energy by Chia is good one. I have it too. The problem with it tho is that it is rather incomplete and lacks some points and warnings regarding safety of some practices. Make sure you pay careful attention to everything and don't skip steps or you might hurt yourself. I personally like Chia's book called Healing Light of the Tao better. It's kinda the same book but it's more detailed.

Larophile and plant goodness like this.
  4. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

My Master had a book of his lying around.

Mantak is Taoist but knows his stuff.

Not quite as entire as Buddhist methods to deal with the mind and body however.

5. plant goodness

6. plant goodness

I find if I focus on sexual energy cultivation and take my view and intention off of Buddhist practice, I cannot succeed.

There is too much ego and attachment surrounding "sexual energy cultivation" to practice just for the sake of sexual energy.

Now in my studies and practice sexual sublimation happens naturally if one practices properly, one doesn't need to zone in on that energy if they have the right practice in place! Of course one keeps their energy inside if they want it to be sublimated, but the sublimation should happen by itself in a proper meditation practice.

The important thing is to find what works for you.

eoptda, Larophile and Puretim like this.
  7. Would be great if you can personal message me the name of this book which you were referring to. Please recommend me any other books by Mantak Chia which you thought were helpful in maintaining abstinence from PMO.