1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting coffee

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SDJR, Feb 28, 2021.

1. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I don't know what it is. But when I have a coffee at home im ok. If I have a cup of tea I'm ok. Cola I'm fine. But if I drink coffee from a cafe or get one at a drive thru it just gets me so agitated.
    Anyone see any differences in how they feel by cutting take out coffee?
    I don't find coffee energizes me it simply agitates me.

2. You can take my coffee from my cold dead hands.

SDJR likes this.
  3. Honestly, if I had to cut anything out of my life beverage wise it would be cola.

4. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I had a tea this morning and I found I had more energy as oppose to the jitters coffee will give me. I might stick with tea for a bit

5. Do you usually drink instant coffee at home?

6. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Yes! Nescafe

7. Coffee from a cafe or a drive-thru has a higher dose of caffeine than your instant coffee at home, that's why it gets you so agitated.

8. planned attempt

planned attempt Fapstronaut

I have been quitting caffeine I sleep better with out it.

If coffee outside of home makes you agitated it means they have more caffeine in their drinks then what you have at home.

Bob8 likes this.
  9. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Yeah it's odd because if I have an instant at home it does nothing. Like it doesn't wake you up it feels like a pointless drink to have. If I have take our coffee it agitates me. I can't find a happy medium

10. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

I often get takeout coffee and ask them to give me half coffee, half hot water. Cuts the caffeine in half.

11. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Why not just order a smaller size? Better taste no?

12. Bob8

Bob8 Fapstronaut

Just go decaf man, i cut out caffeine a few years back, and have been drinking decaffienated tea and coffee, and still have the great taste of the hot beverages, and dont rely on caffeine to be awake or alert, good sleep and water is all you need on that front.

13. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

I've thought about that. From what I've read the process to decaffeinate coffee actually leaves you with a fairly unhealthy beverage considering the amount of chemical used so I was a bit worried

14. Chug

Chug Fapstronaut

Sometimes it’s better when cut with water; it seems to take out the harshness of a lot of the dark roast coffees many chains seem to prefer these days.