1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Meditation: The Secret to Life?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by thestonedkoala, Jul 31, 2015.

1. thestonedkoala

thestonedkoala Fapstronaut

I feel as though meditation is one of the best, if not the best, activity anyone can do to achieve great health. So with that in mind I've been trying to use mindfulness and transcendental meditation first thing every morning to beat my addictions, anxieties, relieve stress, and to be more in the present moment. It improves your life as a whole. Check out this article for 20 scientifically-proven reasons to meditate.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/feeling-it/201309/20-scientific-reasons-start-meditating-today

There are so many more miscellaneous benefits to meditation, but even with all these benefits, I still find it hard to make meditation a consistent practice and so do a lot of people. However, I will say that after a 30 minute session of deep meditation I feel incredibly relaxed and euphoric.

So today I invite you to sit down, plug in some headphones, close your eyes, and meditate to this binaural beat soundtrack. While you do this just focus on your breath, breathe slowly, and feel yourself release the tension in your muscles with each exhale.

Without further ado, I am going to start my own tracker to meditating to this very binaural beat track for 30 minutes every day. If you are looking to beat NoFap, beat your anxieties, or beat anything else that life may throw at you, then feel free to start your own tracker and join me on my quest towards daily meditation.

And feel free to post regularly on this thread about any progress, pitfalls, or experiences that you would like to share. In addition to that, hopefully enough people start this with me so that we can hold each other accountable towards daily meditation. :)

2. Temujin

Temujin Guest

I agree meditation can make a huge difference. It has been life changing for me. Recently I have been so focused on 'informal' meditation such as focusing on my breath throughout the day that I have been slacking with my 'formal' meditation.

I will also pledge to do at-least thirty minutes every morning to get back into the habit.