1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Daily Prayers

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Pick 7 prayers that you can focus on this week. Consider printing them out or writing them down and carrying them around with you. Consider:

"Father, Purify my mind, my soul, and my spirit. Create in me a clean heart."

"Father, remove my ungodly thoughts. Help me to remember to focus on new thoughts." Note: consider having a list of "new thoughts" you will focus us on (based on ideas from this site) as well.

"Father, today I will obey. Today I want to see what life is like if I don't eat the apple (like Adam and Eve did).”

"Father, help me to turn aggressively from lust."

I added a prayer based on an article from Christian tt:

"Father, I will resist. I will overcome with the strength and power of the Holy Spirit."

“Father, help me to praise You today so that I stay in the light.”

“Father, please keep me from this yoke of slavery.”

Prayers are not answered based on praying them often. We can pray them often, but every repetition should be prayed with repentance, total sincerity, and a complete desire to change.

Prayer starts to renew our minds. With our new thinking, we can win.

_hector_, Tao Jones and SwedishViking like this.
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Consider praying:

“Father, take away this spirit of lust and fill me with Your joy.”

Today I am also recommending that you focus on praying about humility:

“Father, help me to turn from sin, and help me to be humble.”

This prayer comes from Matthew five: Blessed are the poor in spirit. We start to become blessed when we focus on the fact that God is right about the way we should live. That our lives will be better when we live the way God says we should live.

I know nothing about how to live. Being poor in spirit (in part) means that I constantly check with the scriptures on how to live. It means that I pray over key verses so that the Holy Spirit increases in me and shows me how to live. Consider praying:

“Father, Your ways are always best.”

Being poor in spirit considers others to be higher. Philippians 2:3 “In lowliness of mind let each esteem the other better than himself.” Consider praying:

“Father, help me to run from lust, and help me to esteem others better than myself.”

I write often about how being filled with love fights addiction. Putting others higher is love.

Finally, have very specific goals with your hourly prayers. Yes... to get the lust out! But just as importantly, to get the Word, and Jesus in. When you are praying correctly, digging into the Word correctly, and fighting sin correctly, your joy should increase. Study Christian joy. Insist on increasing in Godly joy.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
    Tao Jones likes this.
  3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Romans 8:26 ESV “Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.”
    Who will be heard? One who prays a good prayer five times a day with no emotion, or someone who is so distraught about their sin, that they can't say anything for ten minutes while praying?

Second, if you pray, “Father, help me to turn from lust,” five times per day, you can be sincere with a complete desire to change every time. With both methods, an attitude of repentance is needed.

Matthew 26:41 ESV “Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
    Pray before you turn on the TV. Pray before you go out where temptation may be. Watch, pray, have a plan to fight back, and be prepared.

Romans 12:12 ESV Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Consider praying:

“You are a great and mighty God, help me to fight this lust.”

“Father, help me to turn from sin, Your kingdom is coming soon.”

“Father, keep me from evil. Help me to run from evil.”

“Father, keep me from temptation. Help me to avoid temptation.”

I love prayers where we ask for God's help, plus, we commit to going to war against lust as well. Each prayer includes an action phrase for us: “Fight this lust, turn from sin, run from evil, and avoid temptation. If we include our specific desire to change in our prayer, then, are we praying in truth?

Psalm 145:18 ESV The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

The nearer the Lord is to us... the faster we will make progress.

4. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

We all make bad choices. #1 That old sinful fantasy pops up yet again. Consider praying:

“Father, help me to turn instantly from this thought.”

To fight bad thoughts consider making it a habit to have a daily “Go to” verse about lust.

Isaiah 55:7 ESV Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

To fight bad thoughts have a prayer and a verse ready every day. Use them often.

Second, bad TV choices. I have said a 100 times to pray:

“Father, help me to turn from lust,” constantly while watching TV. But if you are turning constantly and fast-forwarding constantly, you have made a bad choice. Turn it off and find something clean to watch. Remember, garbage in, joy out. Choose joy.

Third, Choosing nothing. Leaving a void. Leaving an empty space for satan to fill. Based on your past experience... Will he fill it? Consider praying:

“Father, show me Your will.”

Try doing something new for God. Help someone. It may or may not be something great but, it is a great choice.

Finally, bad choices about places where you go, or, places where the wrong people are. Consider praying:

“Father, help me to know Your plan as to where I should be, and who I should be with.”

Finding healthy places to go and healthy people to be around is a huge step toward finding long-term joy.

Which bad choices do you constantly make? I plan to make changes with my choices and I plan on increasing in joy as fast as possible.