1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

DAILY PUSH-UP COUNTER!

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by uitwaaien, Oct 29, 2022.

1. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Hey!
    Couldn't really find the original push up challenge topic, so I'm posting my own. Free to join!

2. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

2022.10.29: 180 push ups done.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  3. icebreaker p

icebreaker p Fapstronaut

how do you do your push-ups?

4. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

With my hands.
    Seriously though, just regular push ups throughout the day. Sometimes I'll do 20 in the morning as a part of my morning routine then I'll do maybe 30 or 50 sometime during the day - it depends.

icebreaker p and :Phast: like this.
  5. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Day 2: 120 push ups done so far.
    300 push ups within 2 days.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  6. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Day 3 (Yesterday): 80 push ups done.
    380 push ups within 3 days.

7. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Day 4: 190 pushups done.
    570 push ups within 4 days.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  8. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Day 5: 100 push ups done so far.
    670 push ups within 5 days.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  9. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Day 8: 150 push ups done.
    820 push ups within 8 days.
    Did 70 more. 890 push ups done within 8 days.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  10. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Day 9: 110 push ups so far.
    1000 push ups done in 9 days.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  11. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Day 10: Started adding push ups to my training push ups. I do 30 per set, now doing 31 and adding one everyday.
    315 push ups done.

1315 pushups done within 10 days.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  12. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

13. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Zephon likes this.
  14. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

1360 push ups done in 10 days.

15. icebreaker p

icebreaker p Fapstronaut

I asked because I started doing push-ups myself. When I was younger and trained kung fu I did all kinds of push-ups, even on the backs of my hands for example (I had a lot of flexibility but not much strength back then).
    But now I stick to simple variants of push-ups and I do them slowly and I take care to do them in the correct form. In consequence I don't manage to do much of them.

So I wondered: is my goal of 100 push-ups in a row (or maybe in sets?) still realistically when I do them in good form? Of course the number of 100 is random and I think I rather stick to the "perfect push-up" and build up strength than to get sloppy just for a higher number of reps.

But what really surprised me: I noticed that pros like for example David Goggins do push-ups that now look wrong to me. It looks as they are as short as possible and quick as possible. But of course these guys have a super strong core and it's not like their bending in some way because of lack of muscles in the core. So I wonder if it would make sense to switch at some point from a "long" and controlled push-up to such a fast and short one, like they do ...

16. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

100 push ups in a row can be achieved within one set. I'd say even more, it's all about patience and work.
    It depends on what do you mean by set as well. I can do 60 without a pause. But I can also do 70 with bit of rest (with my hands and legs still on the floor). I can do 70 push ups within 2 minutes and that also is a set. In military we had such physical test where you had to your maximum pushups within 2 minutes.
    But there also of course is a simple set that has no time limit - it's just doing your maximum pushups within one take without rests etc. I say that is also possible.
    I recently stumbled upon a video on youtube that talked about doing more pushups. Here's a technique, I suggest you to try it.
    • do your maximum pushups within one take - figure out your maximum pushups;
    • take that maximum push up amount, for example 50 and multiply it by 0.6 - you'll have 30 pushups
    • do 30 pushups for 7 days a week
    • when 7 days pass by start doing 31 instead of 30 on day 8
    • with each day add one pushup
    I have not yet felt all the benefits of it. I'm currently at 32 push-up mark but I do believe that this technique could work really well cause it doesn't sound like some nonsense bullshit that people sell on internet. It sounds realistic.

About short pushups... Well, I personally hate them. I don't consider them push-ups, in my opinion they are absolute garbage - but each to their own. Maybe Mr. Goggins thinks something else about them, I don't know. I just know that short range of motion push ups can give you pump maybe bit faster? I guess. Also, it trains explosive strength. But I'd say that clap pushups do the same thing.

It's all possible. There's really nothing that a man can't do if he is dedicated.

Good luck.

icebreaker p likes this.
  17. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Day 12: 168 pushups done so far.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  18. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut

Day 13: 102 push ups done so far.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  19. uitwaaien

uitwaaien Fapstronaut