1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Darkness

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!”

Christians run the spectrum of light-filled lives from a value of 1 to 100. When our eyes are always pure we are at 100. But, if we fall every 75 days, is our level of light at 75% combined with 25% darkness? Maybe. But, if we fall every 25 days, is our level of light at 50% combined with 50% darkness? Who knows? But, if we fall every 7 days, is our level of light at 30% combined with 70% darkness?

While I am just guessing at these numbers, I have had periods in my life where I fell every 7 days. I will say that I did not have a lot of light in my life, even after repenting, for the 6 clean days.

The point of this article is not to have perfect math. The point is that I underestimated what it would be like to quit. I did not understand how great it would be to live fully in the light.

When we fully live in the light, our joy is rocketing to a state of fullness of joy. Our peace becomes complete, we find contentment and purpose. Consider praying:

“Father, give me a glimpse of a life that is fully living in light.”

I have thought about, prayed about, meditated on, and memorized the above verse. You can't really study it too much.

Finally, it is impossible to spend “too much time,” in your daily quest to fill your life with light. The gain will be far greater than you can imagine.

value and Tao Jones like this.
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

We can't allow negatives like anxiety, anger, frustration, or any other negative emotion to rule us. If we don't go to war with these issues or any issues like them, they will keep us flirting with darkness. When we have an issue we must attack it. For example, we are home alone, and we are frustrated, and there is nothing that we want to do. Consider praying:
    "Father, teach me how to pray about this."
    Take 10 minutes to pray about how you will go to war. God may show you to pray something like:
    "Father, take away this spirit of lust and help me to be content."
    Or, He may show you another prayer to focus on.
    Second, if we flirt with darkness we start skiing downhill faster and faster towards total darkness. Keep in mind that Jesus is the light, but if we do nothing we activate darkness. We need to do something spiritual to activate the light. There is no middle ground. We do something to go up into the light, or we do nothing and go downhill fast.
    Today, have certain verses ready to help you go up. Have specific prayers ready to fight against what is troubling you.
    Finally, determine to live in peace and light. Consider praying:
    "Father, help me to fight sin and fill me with Your peace."
    When we focus on peace and contentment we start going up. 1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain."
    When we fight the negatives while we pray about the positives, we start to make solid progress.

CPilot likes this.
  3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

To fight back darkness... rejoice! Try:
    1. Choosing Joy. ...
    2. Giving Thanks. ...
    3. Count Your Blessings. ...
    4. Strengthen Good Relationships. ...
    Always rejoice.

4. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

What is lust? If I see someone spectacular when I am eating out, I notice. When does looking become lust? #1 If you are looking at the “wrong things,” it may be lust when you look the 2nd time in my opinion. What if I am wrong? Well... I am quite sure it is lust when you look back at the wrong thing for the 13th time.

Someone may ask, what are the most times I can look and have it be okay? Truly, my opinion does not matter. Ask God. He will give you His opinion.

Turn

Tao Jones likes this.