1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating Advice: No way around. You have to break the ice.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by LoyalKnight, Mar 24, 2017.

1. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

I do not say that I am good at dating. I actually never had a date, and I am 17, turning 18 soon. But I am more than certain that following aspects can and should be agreed on.

- There is no other way than approaching a girl you would like to approach than actually doing it. You will NEVER get better by watching pick-up guides on YouTube or wherever. Reading about it is a waste of time as well. The only solid way to gather experience is to do it by yourself. Asking others for advice may prove a bad idea: Do not forget that everyone has a different personality, and you should never pretend to be someone that you are not.

- You have to be yourself. Do not pretend you are someone else, do not try to make the girl think that you are an "Alpha Male". You are who you are, and you have to accept this fact. It is unchangeable.

- You have to break the ice. I know how hard it is. But let's look to what could happen in the worst case: She would not respond. Do you think she may insult you? Only if you insulted her first. Do you think she may draw out her pistol and shoot you? Do you think she may beat you to death? Do you think that she may scream to you? I do not have to write more, do I? Most likely, and I can guarantee that, she will respond back if you say a simple "Hello/Hi" and then another sentence, maybe introducing yourself. Do not forget that they are human beings like you and your friends, so just talk to them like you would to a newly met classmate/friend. Do not put them on a pedestal.
    - You will always feel worse for hours, days and perhaps weeks to come when you chicken out. Why? It lowers your self-esteem and you classify yourself as not worthy to that girl. That is the bitter truth, chickening out will cause that, if you want it or not on a subconscious level.

And... why should you do it and not go to online dating? Simple reason: Approaching girls will improve your self-esteem, and more importantly, you have way less competition there. Think about that. How often do you see males approaching females? Seldom. I would not lie if I'd say that I never saw it. It happens though, and it is rare. So you may think, at least I did, that it is something "weird" because no one does it. Try to look it from this way: If you would be a girl, would you not like it when you got approached by a boy? Or even if you are a boy, would you not like to get approached by a girl? I would love it, and I am certain then most here too. When you approach a girl, you make her happy and yourself happy too. Believe me, you will be happy, even if you get rejected. You simply KNOW the outcome then and you can and will be proud that you tried. If you did not try, you will ask yourself "What if...." for all the time.

- If all of that seems to hard, you have to get going anyways. You know what? Get outside, visit the grocery store, supermarket, mall, and look out for females who work in a store. Example: If you visit a supermarket, ask her where the food is. If you visit a clothing store (which would be the better call here), say that you look for something to gift for your girlfriend. They have to help you, and I am more than certain that they would like to help you as well. What I mean is, just to and exercise talking to girls you get your heart beating when you see them.

Do not forget, you will see and have no experience unless you start doing it. You can have trillions of dollars, and still a poor lad may be better than you. You have to break the ice, and when you break it, you will feel awesome. It may sound like one of these "just go and do it" advice again, it may be actually, but think about it.

Good luck on your battle to break the habit of "chickening out". It will be a hard one, but at the end, we shall achieve complete victory.

lekzai, razpf, Innervision and 8 others like this.
  2. Rhys0

Rhys0 Fapstronaut

Very well said
    I completely agree with you and should probably pick up some of these ideas as well
    Thank you

3. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I'm a female on here because my partner has PIED but the best piece of advice I have is eye contact. Before you approach a woman try to catch her eye and hold her gaze. If she won't look or she looks away don't approach but if she does go for it. Some women just don't want to be bothered it's not you. Like I'm out with my girlfriends for a girls night or with my boss on a business lunch those things. Also just practice making small talk with people men and women. If you live in a big city some people may look at you like you are crazy but most will respond. Small towns people tend to always make small talk. Think about it like this eventually someone will reciprocate and you increase your chances the more women you talk to. Men don't really approach women anymore. Everyone is buried in their phones. I'm older so I remember a time when they did and I never once was rude I was always gracious. When you approach just think of it as making a new friend. And I do suggest online dating because it gives you lots of practice. Over time you will become more confident. Good luck!

4. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Fapstronaut

So true...
    I've read so many books on picking up girls, but it was a waste of time. When I started approaching it was a complete different thing, you have to do the work to learn.

Matrix Intel likes this.
  5. Tell me about it. I feel sorry for anyone who reads those books. (Resumes reading "Dating for Dummies.")

fapposian likes this.
  6. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

You just gotta go for it. Worse that could happen is you get rejected, not a big deal. I personally love the challenge of approaching an attractive woman that I don't know in order to meet her and possibly get a date with her.

7. SiphoMoses08

SiphoMoses08 Fapstronaut

Well said... It has and always will. No other way round

8. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Fapstronaut

Those books do more harm than good, because you feel lost with so many "advices". My tip is to just stare at the girl you're interested in and give her a smile, if she do the same go for it. Then just have a normal conversation like you do with a male friend.

9. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut