1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating advice please.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Di.Do.555, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

I just met this girl on a dating app.
    We chatted briefly and then she dissapeared.
    Not responding to any fb friend requests.
    Not responding to any pinterest messages.
    She is my type of girl. The girl i consider very rare.
    I dont want to appear desperate but also i dont want to admit defeat.
    What should i do.
    10 days on and all i think is about her day and night.

2. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

and the exact same thing happened with me. She also said that we attach each other at intellectual and metal level. I thought that she is the one... and then she said we have different paths for life and bla bla bla.. and then I decided that if she is not in this with the same feeling in this so there is no point.
    Be with someone who has the same feelings as you rather than the one with same interests and not same feeling

Di.Do.555 and dogeatdog like this.
  3. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

Quitting on someone who treats you this way isn't "admitting defeat", it's helping yourself. If she doesn't want to spend even a few minutes out of her day talking to you or responding to you, then she isn't worth your time. Then again, if she's really worth it she'll either find your prodding attractive or dismiss you because of it - either way you get your answer and will know what to do next. Good luck.

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  4. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

Imagine that is a guy who you considered to befriend, what would you do if he doesn’t even reply? Probably said to yourself ‘ok f*ck it’ and moved on, so respect yourself and don’t waste your time. Also don’t rationalize her actions and find excuses for her - when we are attracted to girl our mind tend to work that way, just because we want to have sex.

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  5. Lilla_My

Lilla_My Fapstronaut

Remember that most women on dating apps are on there for attention (to see how many guys they can get).

Just as men are in bars to hook up (to see how many women they can get).

If you truly wanna meet someone who is interested in relationships, ask your friends to introduce you to their friends, or join clubs and associations where you can meet people with similar interests. Forget about this woman, she got what she was after and now she moved on.

Dating apps and social media are for ego validation, not for human connection.

Di.Do.555 and Metis07 like this.
  6. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I think this is a huge problem. You chatted briefly and you already put her on the pedestal and now think she's some special unicorn that's perfect for you. Like bruh all you know of her is her profile (which could even be fake and/or misleading and hiding her bad characteristics) and what she talked with you in your brief conversation. Chances are that she's extremely mediocre and deducing from the fact that she ghosted you, propably rude and inconsiderate of other people's feelings. Is that the kind of girl you want to keep thinking about all day? Someone who didn't have enough of the basic human decency to tell you directly that she's not interested?

Also just like someone said, she might find your willingness to stop pursuing her attractive and come back. Although personally if I were you in that situation, I propably wouldn't take her back if she doesn't have an explanation for ghosting you, because doing that shit without a good reason appears inconsiderate at best and manipulative at worst.

7. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

I have googled her. She is a well known doctor in her field and a classy lady with a brain ( something mainstream women have none of)

I am not a teenager to fall from few words in a chat room.

I have stopped trying
    I felt like knocking on the wrong door anyway

8. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

That doesn't tell a lot about her either. I mean go for what you want, but imo how she treats other people is way more important than her job and level of education.

But I'm glad you've decided to stop trying. Seriously putting your energy to someone who never even bothered to meet you irl is just silly.