1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating for the first time in my life and I need help figuring out a way to deal with my problem

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Yuji Itadori, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Yuji Itadori

Yuji Itadori New Fapstronaut

I am really tired of myself. I'm a chronic overthinker, spend way too much time dwelling on things, work so hard to pull myself away from all these things (including how much I am jerking off, once every 24-48 hours on average), but I fail every time. And it's frustrating.

To provide some context, I came into a relationship almost three months ago with a person I am willing to do everything for so that I can be with them (they don't know about these issues I am facing, can't bring myself to tell them); to be honest, I need a reality check to put my thoughts back on track so I can ensure I am not straying off my academic goals too. I really wish to create the necessary balance between studying and the relationship.

2. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

First, you must stop using PMO. You won’t be able to get balance between studying and your relationship when PMO is in the middle taking time away from both.
    If you’re heading towards a long-term relationship with this girl, she should know about this addiction. She needs to be able to make an honest choice about what she wants to get into.

3. happenstance

happenstance Fapstronaut

Agreed! But don't just blurt it out. A well planned formal disclosure is a must to get the most out of it. I would also encourage you to do it but do it in a controlled manner.

4. Yuji Itadori

Yuji Itadori New Fapstronaut

I understand that I need to be honest, but I wish to give it my complete and honest effort to completely stop in time. I am honest I am confident I can do it, but I need some motivation. I hope this forum can help in that regard.

5. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

Why are you confident you can stop when you never have before? What tools other than this forum are you working on? The sooner you are honest, the better, otherwise she might feel betrayed.

Bloody Mary and ANewFocus like this.