1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating game is rigged.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by PrinceOtaku, Sep 10, 2019.

1. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Yes.

You're right!

The dating game is rigged.

Now you can let yourself off the hook and not feel so guilty about never taking a risk with women ever again.

Have fun reinforcing that belief so you can stay safe and comfortable for the rest of your life.

Everyone else who is still dating and interacting with women are just fools that don't know the TRUTH that you've discovered.

2. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I would rather suggest improving yourself and become your best version first, then more of the high quality 7-10 level women (and below) will want to be a part of your life and beg for your attention and approval. Just lowering your standards alone will not make matters better as long as you do nothing to raise/improve yourself instead.

koolpal, Deleted Account and Get_It like this.
  3. No..sorry thats how it is.

4. Angus McGyver

Keep in mind that women don't function as men do and are not as attracted to looks like men are to women (women are more attracted to feelings, body language and voice tonality).
    A guy who is confident, feel good about himself, take care of himself, and who display many alpha other traits (but who happens to be ugly), he can definitely get a woman in the 7-10 level if he displays all of the above, although most of them might not crave him at the first sight.
    Likewise, a dude with looks like a male-model can have a hard time attracting women in the 7-10 range if he is unconfident, anxious, and displays a poor body language and voice tonality.

NTG, Freeddom_Taker, koolpal and 2 others like this.
  5. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

Yes.

6. Absolutely. Confirmation bias is one of the most dangerous tendencies of the human brain. You also detailed what is normally called the thinking report, and it is a standard practice in cognitive behavioral therapy. Thoughts create emotions, emotions create behaviors, and behaviors create consequences.

If someone sees the dating game as rigged then they will find information that confirms this belief. The reverse is also true.

Getting back to your original post, I don't really think it is healthy to look at the dating game as rigged or not rigged. It's something that requires time, commitment and belief.

Maybe the dating game isn't for you. That's ok. Maybe it is for you. That's ok also. Just make sure that if you do something whether it's move or find a career like you indicated, then do it because it is what you desire for your benefit. Not somebody elses.

There is some conventional wisdom on here that I disagree with, but one point that I do agree with is this: if you live life doing things for your own benefit, you will be happier and naturally draw people towards you. You won't need to spend time wondering about dating when you are already in a good position.

My advice: Find something that you can start caring about with all of your heart and energy. But you can't care about it if you are always holding yourself back in case things don't work out. Concentrate on what is really important to you. Then commit to it all the way.

FX-05 likes this.
  7. Angus McGyver

If you want to swallow that black pill, give up on life, hear what you want to hear, see what you want to see, bitch and complain and be such a pessimist, go ahead. There is nothing or no one stopping you or preventing you from doing so (but yourself).
    Those of us who want to choose a more positive path in life, one towards personal growth and greatness in the long run (a path actually that doesn't even require any women to be worth pursuing) are gladly doing so without dwelling too much on our past experiences, failures or shortcomings but are trying to look forward instead.

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"

ShowY, FX-05, Deleted Account and 2 others like this.
  8. lexankh

lexankh Fapstronaut

Do you really believe so? In my opinion, chicks are rather easy these days, you don't have to be good-looking or anything, just confident and fun.

9. AMEN! Great post!

10. Angus McGyver

It will certainly help you more in life than pessimism will ever do!
    At least optimism have brought much more joy, opportunities, vitality and friendships into my life than pessimism has ever done. The latter has actually taken away from the life I want and brought nothing but sadness, misery, stagnation, frustration, accelerated aging and missed opportunities.

11. Somebody is salty about not getting what they want on a silver platter!

Even in wild... Males have to compete in order to reproduce. It's evolution. Best man wins. Simple. It's not a "anyone can walk in and get the prize" in nature. Ours is just a civilized version.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Well I'll take the bait and respond to part of this post. It's a slow morning and I don't have to be anywhere for a couple of hours.

This quote you put up is only part of the whole, "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality."

Reality, what does it contain? It contains bad things and good things. If a person ignores the bad then they are going to get themselves in trouble, some of it small, some of it big.

Being aware of the bad and being prepared for it can be done without being a pessimist. We can keep an upbeat attitude in life and still be emotionally, mentally, and physically prepared for the bad things in life.

Then there is the good in life. And here's where people such as yourself are missing out. Here are some examples of good in life. If you ignore the reality that close friendships are very rewarding, getting out and interacting with others in constructive ways is fulfilling, and that a good marriage can make turn you into a mature man - well guess what - you're going to have the consequences of ignoring that reality. You will grow into a reclusive, selfish, and bitter old man someday and be so deep in delusion that no one can help you.

There are also other wonderful things about reality that you'll be missing out on if you continue with a pessimistic attitude.

Yes there's bad in the world, but there's also a lot of good and we have the chance to experience it. But that opportunity to experience the good in life isn't going to be an option if we focus all the time on the bad.

I look forward to your response.

Angus McGyver likes this.
  13. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

It's much more dangerous to be an optimist - then at least you'll be mentally prepared to meet even the best outcome!

Grave stone = R.I.P. Summer Adventurer. Avoided life experiences. Tip toe'd safely towards death.

14. Cprelude

Cprelude Fapstronaut

Clap

Yes I've heard them speak and they do say this but they only mean the top looking men

15. LTLThrowaway93

LTLThrowaway93 Fapstronaut

PESSIMISM:
    Meeting a girl who's out for money: She only wants me for my money!
    Meeting a girl who actually likes you: She only wants me for my money!

OPTIMISM:
    Meeting a girl who's out for money: There's plenty of other women who will like me for me.
    Meeting a girl who actually likes you: I'm glad I stayed optimistic and kept looking for something this amazing.

I'd rather stay optimistic.

Homelander and FX-05 like this.
  16. LTLThrowaway93

LTLThrowaway93 Fapstronaut

Funnily enough, yes. I've had better success with women through optimism and patience. It does mean some women look right past me, but they probably weren't women I wanted to date anyways.
    Though I haven't found the one, I'd like to continue looking in an optimistic manner.

How has your method worked out for you?

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

First off, I'm from Ohio as well. I've met some fine females in my time and I know a few of these wanted to be more than friends because they actually liked me. Not because of superficial aspects. So I don't think it's because you're from Ohio.

But what I can say is that women have it just as hard. Women have to compete. They have to compete to be the prettiest and baddest b*tch in the room. Us men... well we just swing our d*cks around and have pissing contests. Us guys may be able to work things out in a single conversation (or fight). However, females tend to hold grudges and they'll be feuding with another girl for months and maybe years.

I think you need to have a bit more optimism when it comes to women. And to just focus more on yourself. "The one" will see you for who you are and she'll come to you one way or the other. That's how the universe works.

Homelander and Deleted Account like this.
  18. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Dude, I think your assessment is off. Even the fat, chubby and average looking gals are demanding a 6 foot 2 inch Chad. This is what decades of feminism has done.

Deleted-Account likes this.
  19. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

Then don't worry about them. Worry about you first. If you do that, the right one will come to you. It's how the universe works as far as I know.

I don't think my assessment is off. I'm just stepping out of my shoes to take that perspective. I see what you're saying and you bring up valid points. But maybe sit down with a levelheaded person of the opposite sex and you might think differently. That's all.

20. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut