1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating is not worth it(opinion)

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by RSJL, Oct 13, 2017.

1. RSJL

RSJL Guest

I used to date girls and grew feeling over certain girls but I hold my emotion because I can't take reject and in all honest girls hurt me, maybe it's me picking the wrong girls or I pick way out of my lead(Not surprised if the second is right) I ask girls out but I got reject,I don't know maybe i am not going to date and just live life(This is my perspective of my life and opinion).

Deleted Account and Ghost79 like this.
  2. avatarivn

Its Ok man, rejection is part of life.

[​IMG]

3. RSJL

RSJL Guest

yeah you're right, To be fair i'm grateful now,i was just over analyzed my past.

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

In my opinion one of the most important things in NoFap is to avoid the negativity spiral, ie a situation where negativity piles on top of negativity and you start to feel worse and worse. The feelings of rejection and loneliness are a big part of this, it hurts to be alone, God knows I can relate, but you cant allow yourself to wallow in these feelings otherwise you will get pulled in by the current. Keep your mind and body occupied, stop beating yourself up over the past, and focus on making the future a better place than the present.

5. RSJL

RSJL Guest

I keep that in mind because this year i went full geek and i been enjoying myself without relationship drama.

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Good for you, its important to feel happy in yourself before you try to pursue a relationship.

7. RSJL

RSJL Guest

Thanks a lot.

8. You're defiantly right about the negative feelings current. I've been caught in it many times before and it's always lead to a relapse for me. We have to be positive it makes the days go by faster and they're much more pleasant.

9. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I’m female and while you may not believe it dating sucks for us too. We get rejected we get used, we get dumped and heart broken, but that’s all part of life and the more you live life the better you will understand it. My first heartbreak was in college and it felt like the end of the world, surely it would never get better. But it did. The happiness that love brings you is worth the potential pain but you do have to risk yourself to gain a reward. Get your reboot done, get your mind in check and then get back out there. Don’t let fear of pain mean you let your life pass you by. There is a partner out there for you but if you are not looking you will never find her. And it may mean going on many many horrible dates but if that’s what it takes go for it.

10. Some very sound advice here! It's hard sometimes to see so many others happy in a relationship and being single but we need to focus on healing ourselves so that we can be better people.

Hitto and GG2002 like this.
  11. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

I don't date at the moment, because I don't believe that a relationship is something that makes me happy. I am talking to girls, I don't care if they reject me or not, I guess being an introvert and going to the gym made me immune to peoples' opinion:D

12. GG2002

GG2002 Fapstronaut

I think that’s perfectly okay, and don’t let people tell you otherwise. I was single for a large part of my life, and those were some of the best times. But people would constantly try to marry me off of judge me for not having a partner. Do what makes you happy.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

I’m at a crossroads myself. Dating is easy. Finding the one is hard. The process wears you out. It becomes another job. I don’t want to be celibate my whole life but I’m not destroying my sense of self worth and esteem for anybody. I’d rather be celibate and happy than married and miserable.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. MarinoBigFan1984

I’ve been celibate since college in terms of penetrative intercourse. I have orgasmed via manual release via myself as well as women. No oral. I’ve used my fingers to pleasure women. I believe penetrative intercourse should be reserved for married couples. Taking showers, sleeping nude together, etc are all fine to me. Might seem crazy to some.

15. MarinoBigFan1984

16. DocT

DocT Fapstronaut

ive decided to go MGTOW (man gone their own way no point bothering yourself with women who age like meat while men age like wine. The MGTOW philosophy demands that i improve myself as a man acheive the greatest possible goals acheivable have sex with as many women as i choose on my own terms. because success brings women. money brings ladies. so why waste your time chasing them when you can put your effort in acquiring resources to enable women chase you

A leaf and Born_For_War like this.
  17. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

I have that problem too but life begins out of your comfort zone very cliche and I'm learning different things and trying different things learning more about myself and who I am you can't really be hung up on what others think it's a waste of emotional energy

18. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

lol same here but I have been gonna to the gym for years NoFap really skyrocketed said attitude

19. AChosenPeople

AChosenPeople Fapstronaut

I find dating useless. Going to pick up women on the street is needy and superficial in my opinion. Dating on tinder is horrible. Don't be a pussy addicted Mofo. Be your own boss. Don't show any interest in women, and don't have any interest in women. Then women will have interest in you.

20. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

My philosophy is that someone rejects me for the same reason I reject someone else. They wouldn't be a good match for me.
    Introvert pride! I also feel that a relationship with an extrovert would be harder since they don't understand our need for recharge time.