1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 37 and finally getting somewhere

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Deleted Account, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Hello friends,

I said in my last post that i would post again. As i'm writing this i'm on Nofap day 37 and i have seen a huge change in myself.

Years ago, when i was a young boy, i always wanted to be an actor. I always did school plays and made my own short films, i kept up doing this until 2014 when i was 17 years old. I was a confident guy with a future ahead of me. I was determined to be an actor, i was willing to put in work, but first i had to go 4 years to college.

During this time i became a pmo addict. I began to lose myself completely, my drive ti succeed completely dissapeared. I got social anxiety (which is the last thing you want as an aspiring actor) and got a huge depression.

I had a 13 month streak before, but as i was in college doing retail, there was no way for me to get into acting at that time and i sank futher in depression and i felt of the Nofap bandwagon.

Fast forward to now. I am on a 37 day streak of Nofap, i started a new semester of college little over 2 weeks ago, and i was not liking it. I chose to study to be a social worker, but the college were i go to really makes me unhappy, and i don't see any future going down that route for the next 3 years.

So, a week ago, i called in sick from college, and went ahead and finally started looking for a education that goes towards acting, film and theater. I signed up and next week i have an audition. If i win this audition i can finally study acting. To me this is a huge step in the right direction!

I realised that i can't go and study something that is going to make me unhappy, thanks to Nofap i have the motivation to put in work and actually go and do something i enjoy.

I haven't felt like this since before pmo. So thanks Nofap and all the Fapstronauts, i'm finally getting my life together!

Nofap is worth it!

2. Dogwood

Dogwood Fapstronaut

Good luck. You may want to keep all options open until your head has cleared some more.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Thanks, i appreciate it. I have several options open right now, you can never be to sure! :D

4. TennisActor

TennisActor Fapstronaut

5. TennisActor

TennisActor Fapstronaut

Watch this video interview of the great acting teacher Larry Moss ()
    Then buy his book The Intent to Live
    ;)

6. Excellent, i will watch the video and buy the book as well. Thanks for sharing, fellow actor! :)

7. 5adn8m8

5adn8m8 Fapstronaut

Such an inspiring story! I am 26 and It's been a year since I have come to terms with I really love. Ever since, I've been doing what I love. You'll thank yourself for doing this. No matter how rich, famous, or popular you become, you cannot feel happy if you're not doing what you're passionate about. I hope I see you winning an Oscar in a not so distant future. Best of luck buddy and thank you for sharing.

8. Thanks so much for the support, very much appreciated. So glad that you're doing what you love as well, i wish you all the best of luck my friend!

5adn8m8 likes this.