1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 52. Experienced the worst night and trying to recover.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by tunwang520, Oct 28, 2018.

1. tunwang520

tunwang520 Fapstronaut

Greetings, rebooters! It's My #1 thread. Last night was one of the worst nights of my life and I'll tell you what happened.

Some background information. I am a 24-year-old male living in Beijing, China. I completed my Masters in New York University this summer. I have completed 2 sessions of reboot. Both are around 120 days. Yesterday was the Day 51 of my third attempt.

I think my weakness is letting little things ruin my plan. Half of the time I feel insecure and sensitive (the reason I only had one relationship before, I think girls prefer the man who knows where he is going). In addition, I have OCD in terms of pursuing perfection is what also keeps me on the reboot journey.

Yesterday I went to clubbing since its almost Halloween. I totally fucked up every opportunity to get laid or at least to have a kiss.
    At 11 PM, I went to join a group of friends whom also have international education backgrounds. I carried with a motive that I could get to know some girls and maybe get laid with one of them.

But I feel terribly low when I arrived. I thought alcohol will help but it didn't. I felt downbeat all night. I couldn't look at girls in their eyes and wouldn't initiate a conversation. I consider my appearance an 8 out of 10. I can see that there are 2 or 3 girls who are attracted to me. They pushed me to the dance floor. But I only gave half-assed moves although I am a good dancer. I was too shy to dance face to face. I felt like I just can't summon the energy to talk back or get closer to them. As a result, I appeared to be so freaking ALOOF and weird.

Looking back from now, several things contributed to my low energy level and confidence. First, it was a hectic day yesterday. I went to a career fair and talk to 10 companies and gave them my resumes.

Second, before I went to clubbing, I didn't eat dinner and in my workout session I trained my arms and abs toooooo much (100 solid push-ups and 200 ab-crunches) so by the time I arrived at the club, I have emptied all the glycogen in my muscle cells. I felt weak physically.

Third, there was a guy in the friend group that I dislike and a couple of girls I never met before. I felt that I cannot blend in so well at least in the first half an hour.

I ended up going home early than others because my heart was screaming to get out. Afraid of what my friends might think of me. I sensed that after this, my social ranking in this group dropped low to the bottom. All the way to home, I was so depressed. But I didn't relapse.

I don't think this is a typical losing story. The context of last night is to complex even for me to grasp, never mention the readers. I hope by writing I can sort things out and at least calm myself. What I can learn from the experience I am not sure. But I will keep going.
    Thank you for reading.

Turkish Delight likes this.