1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day Three : Craving and Relief

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by soberAmin, Apr 17, 2014.

1. soberAmin

soberAmin Fapstronaut

Hi All,

Today was going smoothly until 9 pm. My wife and daughter had gone to sleep and I went to my computer to work on my research proposal, when I visited piratebay to download a futurama episode. There was an add on the right hand side of the screen that triggered a craving to use PMO. For a few minutes I entertained the thought, but I remembered the nofap site and immediately came here (no pun intended). I read many posts and the feeling passed. I remembered the shame and guilt I felt after PMOing, but reading the success stories gave me hope. So did the next right thing which was to let it all out on this forum. This addiction to PMO has fucked up my view on sex, to the extent that I would have sex with my wife and then PMO to really get the high. Anyways, I am really grateful that I made it through another day without using.

Thanks

2. Blackmilk

Blackmilk Fapstronaut

Well done for not giving in to temptation. Depending on your web browser there are ways to block pop ups like the one you have mentioned. Google your web browser and how to block pop ups. It will help to keep those pesky temptations out of sight.

3. soberAmin

soberAmin Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tip and the support

4. JoelJJ777

JoelJJ777 Fapstronaut

If you are using Google Chrome you can add the "AdBlock Plus" extension. It works like a charm. It even blocks youtube ads!

P.S: A couple months ago I was on piratebay downloading a videogame when I saw one of those ads you mentioned, it triggered me instantly, I couldn't even think, it fogged my mind so much that I didn't even care about freedom anymore, so, of course, I PMO'd.

I had to take drastic measures, I went Ultra Hard Mode lol; no more PC for me, I deleted every videogame I had so that I would not have an excuse to come back to my computer and if I needed to use the computer for some reason (e.g: College proyects or research) I would not do it alone, I would always do it when surrounded by people.

Remember, identify those triggers and avoid them. You can't leave an alcoholic next to the bottles, you would keep him away from them. The same applies here.

Hang in there man, you are struggling now, but someday you'll scream FREEDOM!