1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with emotions

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ResistAndRecover, Jan 28, 2018.

1. ResistAndRecover

ResistAndRecover Fapstronaut

I have been coming to realize lately that my recovery from PMO is tied to learning to be a person who can deal with negative emotions. For a very long time, PMO has allowed me an escape so that I didn't have to deal with sadness, disappointment, anger, frustration, stress, etc.

So I'm wondering, do any of you have good habits that surround dealing with your emotions? I know things like exercise can be good for dealing with anger or stress, but deep sadness and disappointment are a whole different ballgame. I heard somewhere that daily grieving for different things can help you to be happier and feel more whole the rest of the time, but I'm not really sure how actually to do this.

2. HipPete

HipPete Fapstronaut

Hey there, we'll all go through this in the NoFap process. It's a great thing in my opinion because it finally lets us take control of who we are and mature as a human being. That said, there are many great tools I use to overcome this obstacle. In the beginning you'll be overwhelmed with sadness and anger. I suggest letting it all out. For me I would cry and cry and cry but that's the beauty, you're finally able to express those emotions. Now this might sound like a cliche but pick yourself back up and listen to uplifting songs and speeches. Turn that negative mindset of victim mentality and change your perception. Ground yourself on a purpose of why you're doing this. Make it a purpose in which you can reap the benefits of the future. Don't half-ass it and set yourself a days goal but instead make it a foundation and a lifestyle for better living. Channel your energy on something else; sports, hobbies, getting into shape, etc. Don't focus on short-term goals like getting a girl friend but focus of mastering yourself and what makes your unique. Be that guy that radiates an energy where everyone wants to be around and slowly you'll start to attract the things in your life.

sectumsempra likes this.
  3. Tony Greenshrine

Tony Greenshrine Fapstronaut

time in nature is crucial.

also this thread brings the word resilience to mind. resilience of the heart.

i mean for me i just need to hold on and not let the emotions cause me to grab my peepee