1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with guilt

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Along with repeated commission of the sin of lust, I have shouldered the debilitating burden of shame/guilt because of my behavior. When I consider the nature of God, love and mercy, and I consider the nature of the devil, hatred and deceit, I think I see who wishes me to continue to feel guilty.

I was prompted to read Romans Ch. 6 today and I found some relief from my guilt. I hope it helps you too. The comments in []s are from the Knox bible.

Romans 6 (Knox)
    5 We have to be closely fitted into the pattern of His resurrection, as we have been into the pattern of His death;[St Paul thinks of baptism not as washing us from our sins, but as burying us to our sins. Baptism mystically identifies us with our Lord’s passage through the tomb. 6 we have to be sure of this, that our former nature has been crucified with him, and the living power of our guilt annihilated, so that we are the slaves of guilt no longer. 7 Guilt makes no more claim on a man who is dead.

What freedom this represents! If we bury our old life of sin, our new life is free from guilt! Thank you God!

ANSE, Thomas3, Reb10 and 2 others like this.
  2. JoeXavier

JoeXavier Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing!

CPilot likes this.