1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dealing with someone’s history

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Deleted Account, Apr 7, 2021.

1. I’m currently dating someone who’s a couple years older than me but she’s 10000 times far more sexually experienced. As for me well I’ve only had vanilla sex for the most part, that at some of things she tells me I almost want to cringe.

how do you deal with something like that ? Do I begin to ask, I don’t ask she tells me something every now and then. I mean has anyone dealt with this

2. NoMilkNoSugar

NoMilkNoSugar Fapstronaut

Hey, I am in a relationship with someone who came into the relationship a lot more experienced than me. At first this really made me insecure. I didn't deal with it well, I worried that because of this discrepancy, there will be problems, plus she'd get bored of vanilla sex, will seek adventure, etc. None of this happened. I quickly realised she's super serious about this relationship, as I am, and we're both happy with a classical one-to-one relationship. Still together. It's beautiful. So, try not to let this affect you too much in the beginning (though it will to some extent bother you anyway, no matter what you do). Hopefully you'll focus on the relationship and then just forget about the sexual history.

“Where the devil cannot go He will send a women”: This is a pseudo-religious deeply sexist statement. It's bullshit. Please delete this. Put any religious quote you like - just not a deeply misogynist one, please.

Lilla_My and bradmax like this.
  3. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

She was in your shoes years ago. Every person started been virgin and had sex with more experienced people than them.
    Enjoy her, let her "teach" you and have fun with the experience.

bradmax likes this.
  4. the quote means many things

3 years ago I did a spiritual fast I’m not into organized religion but I consider myself spiritual in some sense of religion. 3 years ago, I did a 40 day complete water-only fast. I got a new career, more money, able to move to a different place, etc & was entering the 4th year of my relationship so I wanted to begin refreshed with stronger goals & so I did the fast to prepare myself & you could say even to prepare “us” at the time.

Into day 20 of my fast she walked out on me and cheated... I was destroyed I still completed the fast but oh wow was I effin messed up afterwards emotionally and mentally.

Also eve & delilah there are many historical stories on self interested women destroying men not just in the sense of religion, there’s P everywhere now and women are more self interested than any other time. Trusting a women is something that I wonder if I will ever do. Most women have fallen a lot into ego and no longer have their essence of soul letting them feed more into masculine energy. I’m trying though I know there are good women out there but being careful is important.

5. NoMilkNoSugar

NoMilkNoSugar Fapstronaut

Would you be comfortable putting a racist statement in your signature, like "Where the devil cannot go He will send a black man" ?

If you would not be comfortable with that racist quote, you shouldn't be comfortable with your current signature "Where the devil cannot go He will send a women" either.

Because even if you had an anecdotal negative experience with someone belonging to a racial group, you understand not to generalise, you understand there are systemic issues, centuries of repression and domination, a certain power play that benefits one group and suppresses the other. And this is bad and should not be supported.

The exact same thing is true for misogy.

I am not here to pick a fight and won't push this any further. I just wanted to say it's not cool and makes me uncomfortable.

6. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Deal with it by not dealing with it. Be there for the relationship as it is. A relationship is a dynamic thing, every day it changes. Humans are a dynamic entity. Just focus on her as she is now. Is she subject to her past tendencies? Yes, of course. Are you? Yes, of course. But, if you focus on her history you are going to miss the present opportunity. Similarly, if you are focused on some hypothetical future you are going to miss the vibrancy of what is happening between you and her now. So, just breathe and be completely with the life that she is.

JustADude and bradmax like this.
  7. race? Really. Ok I’m talking about the differences between men and women & how they’ve impacted one another since the beginning of time. The “system” for men and women has been set. The energies between men and women have been set, it was not built or constructed. The system between men and women have been set, since our creation. however you think of it.

There will always be masculine and feminine and since the beginning of time those energy’s have intertwined for the best and for the worst, and seeing to it as we are on NF, we as men are feeding into the feminine energy as men continue to P&M which is detrimental to men so no I won’t change my quote. I don’t think P&M to be healthy and consider it evil therefore I describe it as the devil so feeding into pmo is where the devil comes in, in the form of whatever p urges me. Yet it is a battle I am fighting. I’m sorry it makes you uncomfortable.

8. ahhh thank you for this my good sir!

eagle rising likes this.
  9. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

It depends on you really, if you tolerate her past and you are ok with it, continue with this relationship.
    But past is very important - some people like to say past is past it is only present which is important, if smb considers his own life yes it is, but considering a partner (or even a friend/business partner) it is very important, by this you can predict what will happen during your relationship with this girl.

bradmax likes this.
  10. It isn't necessarily true that whatever happened in her past relationships will happen in this one, too. Those relationships were with different people, and there were different dynamics. Things change, people change, and sometimes people learn from past experiences to better themselves. Otherwise, we would have no reason to think our relationship with a P addict could improve.

JustADude likes this.
  11. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

Ofc it is not necessarily will be the same, but the thing is (especially for men) we tend to think that for me she will change and it will be different (exagerated analogy - you start a relationship with a prostitute thinking that she will leave her job and change because now she is with you, super-savior), no, it won't, most probably she will repeat the same pattern.
    That's why it is very important.

12. He didn't say there were issues with her as a person in the first place. The question is about how to deal with her past experiences, not about how he wants her to change. Unless she's trying to push him into doing things he doesn't want to (which is not something he indicated), then I don't know that she needs to change for him at all other than maybe not sharing her past experiences with as many unwanted details.

13. Trobone

Trobone Fapstronaut

You can either take it as an insecurity that brings out fear - or an opportunity.

I'm sure she knows your history and she's fine with it. Otherwise she wouldn't be with you.

hope4healing likes this.
  14. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

I am well aware.
    My point of view is - don't ignore smb's past (especially if you a considering serious relationship), 99% she/he will repeat the same pattern (plus her/his parents relationship can be a strong indicator also).

Neither insecurity (no need for fear), nor opportunity - just a valuable info based on which you can predict what will happen during your relationship (ofc with all other info and her actions etc.) and choose what to do with her.
    That's another question and he wasn't asking it, if you want a woman with no previous "relationship" for example, you need to correspond to what you want.

15. she’s asked about my history but she’s never really told me hers only how many long term relationship she’s had but not her dating history so if she insisted on mine but she hasn’t told me hers Should I ask about hers? She’s very hyper sexual and she was a successful model at one point & she’s mentioned a few things here and there about what she’s experienced but when she mentions them idk wether to ask about it or just let it be.. I’m curious to know how or what she did but idk if she wants me to persue knowing or should I act like I don’t care...

16. I’m afraid to ask well idk I’m not afraid to ask but I guess I’m afraid in how to ask or approach those topics when she brings it up because maybe she will see me as naive and less experience which is true so I guess I’m afraid to ask because of my insecurities and not knowing how she will view me.

17. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

That's crazy that nowadays 'being experienced' in sleeping around considered as an advantage :D

Fat Boy, bradmax and Roady like this.
  18. There’s nothing wrong with that but she does have a history of being promiscuous and hyper sexual and she’s cheated so is it worth it “exploring” with someone like that, as much as an experience it can be, I obviously have doubts & her past does make me feel insecure

Roady likes this.
  19. no I don’t think so
    I do want to “learn” though

it’s not going to be easy
    But like one of the replies said “deal with it by not dealing with it” which is what I’ll do & when I have to deal with it eventually, I’ll find my way out

20. Metis07

Metis07 Fapstronaut

Either you are going to learn the easy way (breaking up with her, based on your/others experience/red flags etc. if all that is below your standards, and find another one) or the hard way (pursue the relationship and see for yourself) (ofc I only made this conclusion based on what you told us about her, like 'sleeping around, cheating and be ok with it').
    Ofc it is not easy if she looks nice and you just want some 'dopamine' ha-ha, so our brain will find a lot of excuses for her behavior.

And as I said it is up to you and your standards really. Someone would 'run' from her, someone would date her, someone would beg her to marry him.
    Good luck anyway

bradmax likes this.