1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Debating on what I should do with my routine

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by BillyBobBoBoBo, Aug 2, 2020.

1. So recently been going through issues with my routine where I banged myself up by trying to do my version of the Great Gama routine which was involving building up to do 3000 Hindu Push-up, 5000 Hindu squats & practiced wrestling with 40 people a day or isometrics with trees, which is said through most websites on what he did with this one giving more info on his routine;

http://kbforum.dragondoor.com/kettl...ioning-forum/149318-legendary-great-gama.html

which my version is doing 10 sets of;

10 Hindu Push-ups = 100

10 Pike Push-ups = 100

30 Hindu Squats = 300

15 Thoracic Extension = 150 (Which was originally 10, when I bumped it up to 15 is when I started having issues and couldn’t do it everyday)

10 Over handed Suspension Trainer rows = 100

10 Under handed Suspension Trainer rows = 100

Did this for over a month and it was helping as look more muscle, especially the arms, but couldn’t keep up doing every day as it was taking me way too long to complete the routine, as at the start it took a little over an hour to getting a little under 3 hours as was getting more exhausted after 5th set, so I had to take time off for that. To then getting back into my old routine of the W.A.T.C.H protocol during my time off that, I used to do both at the same time but sprained my foot where I could only do the Hindu squats more with ease then the exercises in the W.A.T.C.H protocol as it required my feet to be more focused on placing pressure on the balls of my and in a 45 degree angle in most which did hurt my feet unlike the hindu squats.

To with recently changing the routine to the more basic Great Gama of just Hindu Squsts & Push-up like this;

Of 10 sets of;
    10 Hindu Push-ups = 100

30 Hindu Squats = 300

To which I am struggling again, as thinking I could do everyday in a short amount of time, but still taking me a bit of time to do and getting tired near the end.

Now thinking about how I want to go about my exercising routine. As before I was doing a different routine as I was doing something to this;

where I super setted doing one arm assisted push-up to then close handed push-ups similar, then close handed chin-ups to then shoulder length chin-ups, then close legged squat and finally lunges.
    Where I did 3 sets of each taking 3 minutes each each set. But couldn’t do it as moving to a flat and couldn’t fit my pull-up bar comfortably in the flat, which made me try out the routine inspired by the Great Gama, but now have found an outside gym with a pull-up bar its’s making me think where I should go about my routine to do after my W.A.T.C.H protocol, which are;

Do the 10 set routine of my version of the Great Gama, but do it for 5 days a week instead of every day and start with 5 sets and work on building up my sets back to 10.

Do tponyl the 2 exercises and work on 10 sets comfortably

Or as of watching this video making me think of just doing 2 sets of what I was doing before, to work on a better quality of the reps.

Or as finding the gym playground to go back to my centreline training way before moving to the new flat and work on doing either 2 or 3 sets of;

One arm assisted push-up, super set with close handed push-ups.

Close handed chin-ups super sett with shoulder length chin-ups.

Close legged squats

Lunges

This Inspired by my goals before of being able to 30 close handed push-ups & 15 or 30 Chin-ups.

So what do you guys think about this? Admittedly it would be up to me, but I’d like to hear what you guys have to say about it. Am I over thinking it and should just try and see?

Mr. Diesel likes this.
  2. I think it's a good routine, the simpler the better, when it comes to training I like high reps and simple movements

BillyBobBoBoBo likes this.
  3. Yeah, just the problem is that I have too many options & also trying to be mindful of time when I get back to having a job again.

4. Though i have to ask which one?

5. 300 pushups, 200 situps, 100 pullups and
    12 x 4 front squats. It's the most basic routine in existence, but when you don't have an s&c coach following you 24/7, it's one of the best

6. I was more asking with what I posted, but yeah that sounds effective.

7. Oooh now I see, yours is just fine, I'd add some crunches and dragon flags and you're good to go

8. Okay, though just more debating what I should do & how to do it.

9. As admitidly I would either like to to retry to do 10 sets of the Hindu push-ups, Pike Push-ups, Hindu Squats, Thoracic Bridging, overhand and underhand rows, as the idea of doing an exercise everywhere, but I need to be more time efficient as it was taking longer than I thought, as it was around an hour to the getting to 3 hours.

10. Though there is a side of me wanting to get back into the one arm assisted push-ups & close handed chin-ups, just annoyingly that I can’t do it any where I want without carrying heavy pull-up bar.

11. May I ask what are your goals? Do you want to loose weight, gain muscles, become stronger or what?

12. That’s a good question I’m figuring out myself. As before it was to get to 30 Diamond push-ups & 15 Chin-ups to get more muscular at the beginning, but never gotten to that and kept changing at times when I kept hurting myself. To then try to get back to the goal, but slightly different to 30 One Arm push-ups (assisted state first to then with out), 30 Close handed push-ups, 15-30 Close handed chin-ups & 15-30 Shoulder length chin-ups & as many times with close legged squats & lunges. To then getting injured on that to which I’m now doing the W.A.T.C.H protocol, which is helping build my physique, but needing a more strength based routine after to make it more effective. To which now changing it for a more convenient routine inspired by the great Gama as she did a lot of Hindu squats and Hindu push-ups where he never lost a match so I tried to do some thing like that with added pike-push-up, thoracic bridging & rows as so I can do it any where with out a pull-up bar. Guess I went with that approach as, I’m struggling to try and figure out how’d I’d set it up in my new flat as isn’t convenient at the moment. Though I had found an outdoor play ground gym that I’m tempted to do it in as well, making me debate it more.
    Going off topic, I guess to loose stubborn fat & to gain more muscle.

13. If you want to gain some muscles it's better to exercise with weights. It's not impossible to build muscles using only body weight, but it's much more difficult.

Watch this video is you want to learn how to exercise at the play ground:

It's a great place to start. Adjust this routine to your level and execute it as long as you find it challenging.

This website is also a great place to start: fitnessblender.com
    There's a ton of great workouts available for free.

To loose weight start counting calories. MyFitnessPal is a very convenient way to do so. I was a little bit sceptical about it first, but then managed to loose 5 kg quite easily simply by making sure I don't overeat on a regular basis.

I also won't recommend you to stick to the Great Gama's routine. He lived quite a long time ago, better ways to build physique are know now.

14. Oh I know as what the W.A.T.C.H protocol is for fir the weight lifting stuff, to then do a compound loft routine after that. I know that as well, just can't go to the gym at the moment, as ideally I'd do upper body calisthenics then legs with more heavy weights.
    Will look, but the park i have in my area has a lot of equipment for all the body so I think I would be fine on that, though admittedly just want to focus on the basics at the moment.
    Okay cool, will take a look at that

One step ahead of you there, have an account, just need to work on the calorie counting better and not over eat.

Fair enough, guess its just the do it any where aspect i like and reminding me of One Punch-Man. Though I'd say I'd added more with adding pike push-ups, bridging & rows to hit the body more.

15. Have you tried doing this? (Water it down according to your needs and only do it once per week at the beginning and maybe twice per week to maintain whenever you think it's enough reps for you).

16. Then it seems you are knowledgeable enough just by yourself! Choose a routine you like and stick to it.

Good luck, bro!

17. Funny enough his video about doing crazy amount of reos and talking about the Great Gama is what has gotten me to do my own version if the Great Gama workout. With the issue being I tried to do 10 sets on everything everyday.

Though yeah might be something I'd like to try once a week though.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Deleted Account likes this.
  18. Yeah I guess my issue is just me being indecisive instead of just trying and see what would happen. With I feel is more going with 2 sets of my Great Gama or my Centerline training & try to focus on quality of reps for time reasons.

Though admittedly there is a part of me wanting to do the judt the 10 set of Hindu Squart & Hundu Push-uos to get it around 20 minutes before upping the reps from 30 & 10.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020