Deleting posts

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Just Pray, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

How can I delete other people's unnecessary posts from my journal? Thanks !

2. IGY

IGY Guest

You can't @JustAnother. People have the right to express their views anywhere on the forum, subject to the rules. :rolleyes:

Just Pray likes this.
  3. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

If somebody is bothering you within your own journal, derailing it, etc, report the post to the moderation team and we'll take care of it. We definitely need to nail down some more solid guidelines for journal threads.

Just Pray likes this.
  4. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

Oh my god, Alexander commented on my post!!

Thanks, I just wanted to make it organised. No one said anything rude/bad etc.

Good luck on making those journal guidelines!

RE:covery likes this.
  5. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

Just another human and definitely an active member of the community :) No matter how crazy things get with NoFap, at the end of the day I'll be here posting.

Any ideas on what good guidelines would look like? The obvious is not being rude, going off-topic, etc. But anything else?

We definitely need to get some sort of integrated system where only top-level comments / posts are allowed by the OP of the journal, but people can comment on individual journal entries in a threaded manner.

6. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

Maybe we could have link at the top of the forum that allows you to toggle between 'view all posts' and 'view all posts by original poster'. That way all of other people's comments wouldn't be seen and you'd have just 'Day 1' 'Day 2' and so on.

I think this is fairly simple way of doing it but not a perfect method because sometimes the OP gets distracted and goes off topic in their own journal.

Another idea: maybe the OP has the ability to star/highlight their journal entries so that people who want to read that journal in future can just skip from starred/highlighted post to starred/highlighted post, thereby leaving all of the non-relevant discussion behind, and then you could have the option as well to 'view all starred/highlighted posts' as well

nitsuj0786 likes this.
  7. IGY

IGY Guest

If you don't want anyone to say something that is in your subjective view 'unnecessary' record your journal in a Word document.

8. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

IGY always on my case :p

But yeah, you are technically correct... I was just wondering

If I post my journal on Word, nobody will read it!

9. IGY

IGY Guest

Yeah, well as I always say, every silver lining as a cloud! :rolleyes:

10. Kyoheix

Kyoheix Fapstronaut

Just type your entire journal in post 1.
    Edit day after day. There is no other way to keep it organized.

Just Pray likes this.