1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Depending on others opinions

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Arjuna's path, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Arjuna's path

Arjuna's path Fapstronaut

I've ended up alone most of my life because I always cared so much to others opinions that it got to a point that I couldn't think by myself. Now a days I still depend on others opinions, specially my loved ones, and it feels awfull.

I also have just two friends and I spend most of my weekends without hanging with anybody.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  2. So you know where the problem lies my friend, go out, expand your bubble, the world is not so bad after all, I can guarantee you. Many people won't like you anyway, because of your ideas, or your tastes, or even your appareance.
    Unfair, but it's called life. You can decide to live yours or to watch your life pass by your eyes without doing anything.
    First choice will lead you to many disappointments, first time you'll hang out you will uncomfortable, you will say stupid things when meeting strangers, you will embarass yourself, embrace it, but you will get better, you will find new friends, a loved ones, you will live a real life.
    Second choice will not lead to many disappointments, only one: The consciousness of having the oppurtunity of living a great life and not using it.
    Remember my friend:
    20 years from now you will regret what you didn't more than what you did.
    Go out, the world is a beatiful place full of beatiful if you're able to find them :)

Zolo22 likes this.
  3. Arjuna's path

Thanks!. The peace be with you and have a nice day. :)

fg4795 likes this.
  4. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

Hey buddy i have something to told you,don't get me wrong here.You should not give a shit what someone think about you/or something else.You should have your opinion,your YES and NO.About loved ones,yes you should respect what those people think,but you need still to have your.
    I was same as you when i was younger,i can tell you when you stop non-stop question yourself about what others think you will feel much better.
    Stay strong buddy!

Zolo22 likes this.
  5. Arjuna's path

Thanks!

Kligor likes this.
  6. Mistric

Mistric Fapstronaut

Just wanted to say that you are awesome! And you should follow your shinobi path no matter what people says. I bet you have dreams you want to fulfill but you might be scared to act on them since you depend on others opinions, if that is the case, I suggest you start realizing that your decisions makes you get closer or further to your objectives in life, as the first reply said, the first decisions might be failures, but, isn't it better to run that little % of success than the 100% of failure by not doing anything? Also by trying you get experience and the next time you get a better chance to success! This is not my words tho haha, this phrase I got it from Gai-sensei, so, in the end, you aren't so alone, you might not see the people around you that cares! GL c: