1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Depression & the Vicious Circle

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by slip_kid, Oct 23, 2013.

1. slip_kid

slip_kid Fapstronaut

Greetings NoFappers,

Newbie here, 25 hours and counting into his first (serious) no-PMO resolution. So far so good (irony alert).

Struggled with low level for depression for many years. Which escalated into more serious depression earlier this year, due to various parts of my life all going pear-shaped at the same time.

Was feeling sad, lonely and scared. What's a man gonna do? Yup. Boot up the desktop, grab a Kleenex. Repeat etc.

And so that which is meant to provide relief ends up nudging us further along the downward spiral.

When we feel most weak is when we need most strength. How perverse of Life to be like that.

Thanks to everyone here for the support & inspiration.

Slip Kid

2. benignintenz

benignintenz Fapstronaut

This pretty much describes my situation as well. Getting through it to the tune of about 23 days so far. You can be depressed and still win through (at least 23 days worth). Feel completely flat in mood. If swings come, I work to patiently observe myself feeling them (try to look over your own shoulder a bit). I don't reject them or try to solve them, or really even understand them. I just observe and wait. Working so far.

Reach out if you need to!