1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Depressive rant

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nick:3, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

Guys, I'm on day 23, living with parents during lockdown, and just finished uni.
    I'm very depressed and pissed off a lot of the time, partially cos I get annoyed and irritated almost 24/7 by parents, and maybe I'm feeling nofap has a big part of it, maybe this is one long damn flatline, I feel it shouldn't be, cos I managed to quit PMO for a year before and haven't done it a crazy amount the past few years.

I am also feeling hopeless and lost in life, like I can't see myself getting a job that I actually like doing.

I'm usually over confident, but today when going to the shops I acc stuttered a little bit, and felt extremely depressed, like I was having to force myself not to break down and cry. I tell myself that this is just a flatline and by day 30 it should be better, but honestly I just feel hopeless right now.

Side note - I'm already doing meditation, exercising a lot, trying to force myself to read (even though it can be boring)
    Also been reading the secret and trying to think positively and think about stuff I'm grateful for, ngl it doesn't do much.

If anyone has advice or what not, I'd appreciate it.
    Everything feels hard right now and I honestly don't know what to do about it.

2. Sometimes you need a good cry. When I lost my materialistic life and moved back to my parent’s house. I let the waterworks on. I ran out of tears and I started praying.

Nick:3 likes this.
  3. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

I can agree with that, it helps and releases bad hormones, I might try that tbh

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Indeed, get a good playlist to really work out those awful painful feelings and sob like a big exploding waterballoon. I find that it gets plenty of crap out of the upper sinuses, too. Be sure to do this in the shower at sone point so you dont feel caked on with sadness as the tears evaporate.

Let us know how it goes. I may be joining you pretty soon. Feel that angry moodiness building up too.

5. You talk about how you finished university and this big dark cloud hanging on top of your head saying that you may never find a job you will enjoy doing and this is probably the worst feeling ever and is depressing enough by itself.

The thing about jobs nobody tell you is that every job can be fun if you're the right person.

I've once seen an old man cleaning the streets with his headphones on, just jamming dancing and cleaning happily the sidewalk giving people compliments and just so cheerful that I was stunned.

I have once seen a bus driver who was so happy and cheerful, cracked jokes with everyone, contagious laughter and was having a good time, just driving the bus dude.

Like 3 years ago I used to think a competitive Dota 2 player (video game) is the most fun job in the whole entire world. All they do is play video games and get money for it.
    Now, I see the same famous esport players cry that they've been replaced with a korean prodigy and that they're not good enough anymore and they didn't do anything productive these years and they're left with nothing because they wasted their twentys playing a game with no future. They hate the game, they played it for like 12 hours a day to be in their level.
    They lost interest in the game, they call themselves entertainers and are ashamed of their "profession".

You see? all jobs suck while all jobs can be amazing at the same time. It's a matter of perspective a lot of the time.

Your "job" is to learn how to like your job and mix your own interests in to make it even more like-able.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2020
    72jbjekapm and Deleted Account like this.