1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Diary! Dose is work?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. How is what you are viewing not P? It sounds like it is to me.

You don't get anywhere in recovery if you are not first honest with yourself about where you actually are. So, are you free in your mind, or are you still enslaved?

Lost Hope likes this.
  2. The closer you get to freedom the harder the enemy works to keep you enslaved. You have to overcome. You have to be able to stop looking. Shut down the lust train before it gains momentum. Self-control is key. After years I still can get sucked in for looking and start down the old familiar road but I stop it.

Lost Hope and Tao Jones like this.
  3. Lost Hope

Lost Hope Fapstronaut

I know, and i m the one who keeps telling to others: " don t peek, not even at one image, because one image leads to another and so on" ... like i did :(

I m praying every day for that, but for some reason it did not work this time.

Two hours of prayer?! i don t know how to pray for two hours, i don t know what to say in two hours or even close... I pray about two to five minutes, if i pray longer that that, i m starting mumbling the same words over and over like a broken record...

I have not used my phone in two years for P, my main portal for P is my desktop, and its in my bedroom.

It was late that day, i had no were to go. I could have gone for a walk o something, but i was to tired or just to lazy...

Never said it was not P, i said hanime because that made to slip, this is my problem/addiction that triggers me (normal P to).
    P has many shapes and forms, reading a sex story is still P, using my imagination can be considered P.

All i know is that i m in recovery, at least i m trying to. Over two months without a slip is a huge achievement for me, i did not have two months in the last two years combined.
    Abstaining for over two months in one streak, i never achieved that since i started M at 14-15.

I don t know :( , I tasted over two months of freedom, and i like it (kind of, because no PMO brings others that i don t like, like loneliness, frustration, anger, etc...)

I did that to, but once it was not enough to stop it.

First of all, i want to say Thank You to all of you that helped to get here (prayers, tips, encouragement, etc...), i don t think i would have got this far without your support.

I have one question: Should i consider this a relapse, should i reset? If yes, is gonna be disappointing for me to toss al that away and start over, but i understand if so. So please be straight with your answer.

PS: Sorry if bad english or expression and if i offended anyone in any way what i said above.

4. You say you have had two months without a slip, but then you admit you are peeking at P. So, what do you consider a "slip" to be?

It isn't the number on the counter that matters; it is the state of our hearts TODAY. That is all that counts. Is Jesus Lord in me right now? If I cannot say "yes," I must discern why and get reconnected with him right away!

Lost Hope likes this.
  5. Lost Hope

Lost Hope Fapstronaut

So is a relapse... ok then, this two months i will consider them a "Practice run" and a huge achievement.

Day 0: Here we go again!

Tao Jones likes this.
  6. Onward, one day at a time. Today is the only day that matters in recovery. Make it count!

Lost Hope likes this.
  7. Lost Hope

Lost Hope Fapstronaut

Relapsed again after one week, the urges were to strong... I prayed every day for power to abstain from PMO, so many broken promises to God...
    Is getting harder and harder to fight with this sin....i don t know what to do anymore.

8. You used to check in nearly every day and then you let a week go by after deciding to reset your counter. What happened? You prayed for power but isolated yourself? Do you see the contradiction here in the desires of your heart?

9. Lost Hope

Lost Hope Fapstronaut

I was/am to discouraged. I lost my motivation...

10. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I have read that the devil uses tools like Doubt, Despair and Depression to keep us enslaved in sin. In opposition, consider how Christ drew people to Himself, he used kindness, humility, love and honesty. When you are tempted to despair at your progress, recognize who stimulates such thoughts and ask the Lord to fill your heart with His love. Let His warm, reassuring love wash over you for as long as you can. Feel His presence and listen for His words of advice to you. You will recognize them because they are words that a perfect loving father would give to his son.

As you say, it can be hard to remain in prayer for long periods of time. I lose concentration frequently too but like all things, practice makes perfect. Equally, reading the Bible or other insightful religious texts can become a form of prayer for you. Prayer is the answer, keep pushing your boundaries. You are moving in the right direction. I am praying for you. Please pray for me.

Myfortress and Tao Jones like this.
  11. Lost Hope

Lost Hope Fapstronaut

Day 3: Success!

I m back! (i hope so). I was busy last few days, Christmas and all...We had a family reunion for holidays and i was not home for a few days so i was busy for a while to stay away from PMO.
    I m still disappointed on my relapse and i lack motivation to fight, but this doesn t mean i have given up, i will have my ups and downs...

Merry Christmas and God Bless you!

Tao Jones likes this.
  12. May we never grow weary of doing what is right and never give up the hope that we have in Christ! Let end the year and start 2022 strong!

Lost Hope likes this.
  13. Lost Hope

Lost Hope Fapstronaut

Day 4: Success!

So, urges are strong, i m struggling now that i have free time, i m not working until next week so i have plenty of time to fail...

14. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Hey lost hope,

I think we are kind of similair, I started P around the age of 14/15 too, and never managed to have a "streak" longer than 2 months. If you don't mind let's do this together, I'll post daily reports as well.

One thing about me is that I'm very inconsistent in checking in on NF, even though I know it helps. So I wanna give it a go again, and maybe by this way manage to be consistent in checking in each day

Kenmar

15. There are plenty of good, productive things to get busy with outside of work. What are some you enjoy and could get started on this week?

Whispers likes this.
  16. Lost Hope

Lost Hope Fapstronaut

Day 5: Success!

No problems on this day, i was busy all day, i shoveled snow all day to keep busy and it worked.

It helps, at least for me it did. Since i started this journal, i was able to abstain for two months, i never achieved this in 15 y. You can start a journal in journal section or on this group like i did, or you can post here if you want, i don t mind.

For now i want to rest in this free time, i need a break from work, i m tired... What i enjoy is to stay home and play video games on my PC, i know is dangerous to stay at my P portal, but i have no other choice, like i said a while ago that i m not very social...

Kemar935 and Tao Jones like this.
  17. Lost Hope

Lost Hope Fapstronaut

Day 6: Relapse....:(

This time, not even a week... I have no excuse... I thought i had it this time... i m so upset, is like a nightmare that i wish it was just a nightmare....Why is so hard to get rid of this addiction?!!

18. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

it is very hard. But keep fighting! And don't forget to keep your eyes on God. I notice that when I'm on longer streaks I get a wrong kind of happiness/confidence that I can handle this. It's the biggest mistake, because without God we can't do nothing.

Tao Jones and Lost Hope like this.
  19. Lost Hope

Lost Hope Fapstronaut

Day 1: Success! (barely)

It was hard, the chaser effect was strong, still is...

That was exactly what happened to me when i lost the two months streak...

20. That's what always happens -- and always will -- until we give up all confidence in ourselves. Look to Christ and live. There is no other Way!

CPilot likes this.