1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Did I lie?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. DiegoNunez7749

DiegoNunez7749 Fapstronaut

Alright so my dad was watching a video of a guy in a cat suit and he said that’s pretty cool or sum like that, and I told him that if you knew he was a furry. He seemed confused and I told him furrys were those people who were into beastulity. “He said how do you know that, have you been watching that stuff? He then said that stuff is evil.” I responded that “I don’t watch that stuff and that I would never do that.” The thing is when I was 12 I did watch some furry like videos but that was when I wasn’t really into Christianity. What was I suppose to say? I don’t watch anymore. What about the next time someone ask me that how should I respond?

2. First, the furry community is very diverse. There is a small subsection of it that focuses on sexuality, but most do not. To be a Christian furry is not a contradiction. (I know a few!)

As for lying, I understand why you did so: In the moment, without time to think of a good response, our immediate reaction is to protect ourselves. So, you reacted without thinking to protect the view your dad has of you and lied.

Maybe you can rehearse a prepared response for questions like that in the future, something along the lines of "I've run into it before." You don't need to go into the details in every situation, and, in fact, probably should not in most. However, when the situation is right, by being honest you will have an opportunity to share your story and how Christ is helping you beat this addiction.

firefox and DiegoNunez7749 like this.