1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Did your [Parents / School / University...] prepare you for your life ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Did your [Parents / School / University...] prepare you for your life ?

If there is anything i hate it will be this, as for life it requires a true mastery of Critical Thinking, Strategic Thinking, Analyse Thinking.

Honestly speaking, if you have low level IQ, it is extremely hard for you to compete in today's world, it's the reality.

2. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Sort of. My parents moved here from a poor town in Mississippi (I live and was born in Dallas), and the city for all it’s faults helped raise me into a functional adult. I didn’t have all the fancy resources but if you can think and you can hustle and you have a strong spiritual basis, the city can be an amazing teacher.

3. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

This can be developed.

My parents were pretty much cheering leaders.

4. No, not really. School just gives you a hint on what its like to be an adult or having/getting a job or other aspects of adult life. If you go to college you'll find out more about it and then you will develop more as an adult. You'll find people who are willing to help you find your way in life and your purpose. In school/high school, well, it sucks. You are careless then, but I say when you hit 17 - 18, you need to prepare yourself. My parents, well only my mother I'll say, because I was raised only by her, didn't ,,prepare'' me for life, but she taught me manners, how to speak with a person and how to have a good behaviour around people.

Life is hard and much, much harder when you live in a country where you need to struggle a lot to get yourself up to a position where you can be more chill about your life. That can take you years and years, I'll say till when your 35. And combine all of this with a person who's anti-social, depressed and has pretty much no motivation to do basic things. Yeah, it's hard, but this is life. We don't choose where and when we are born and we need to crawl our way to the top.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  5. Since it is nothing more than a competition from the start, at least prepare me with the necessary tools that i'll need and i promisse you, I'll make you proud. - My personal words to God.

6. I hate it bwcause my whole enviroment is not built from that start to help me take the right path of my goal / dream.

It'd like my whole enviroment is going right and i'm going left...

Nevertheless, I won't give up despite everything...

The worst thing, I hate about life is being nothing more than a lab rat inside a simulation...

7. cadia guardsman

cadia guardsman Fapstronaut

8. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Can you go to university in Europe @Mr.Tony ?

Mr.Tony likes this.
  9. Yea, I guess - But i'm too old now almost 28 - I would prefer to build skills instead.

10. Parents... Yes
    School... Slight Yes
    University... Hell Yes

11. Austin88

Austin88 Fapstronaut

Why do you ask? Not everyone has had a fair chance at life. People are born without parents, abusive parents, drug addict parents. Bullying in school, rape in school. Not everyone has a good life due to having a life starter kit.

12. Nope. Nobody prepared me for the real world. My parents taught me how to have manners, have good hygiene and be polite. School taught me routine, organization, and turning assignments in on time. University just prepared me for a career.

Things like social skills, leadership skills, life skills etc. are all self taught, I’m afraid. Nobody prepares you for that. Self reliance and Google is how I’m surviving adulthood.

Garou99 likes this.
  13. My parent mostly let me do what i want when i was at school, they weren't that kind of people that expect a perfect result in tests (A, 10, 6), they expected just a sufficient. So i mostly had a great occasion to do things by myself. I had an apprendiceship of 3 years and in my country you had to go at school one day a week, and i think i never open that book for study, but i being able to pass without get postponed, while many other get postponed. I was happy with these results and my family was happy, no one pretended to me to go to university, ecc.. and expect extraordinary results.
    Today parents want their children to be the bests at school for feed their own ego ''my child getted this result, bla, bla, bla''. For me school is something that prepare you to learn, not a place where you learn. If you take Statal school with discernment you see that it can be a great place to brainwash the masses and is actually what happen right now.
    When you understand this (About school) no one can stop you or wash your brain.
    In my opinion people should start to learn as self-taught with books after statal school but it depends.

Anyway while we live in a sick society where people compete and don't cooperate (social darwinism) we will just self-destroy ourself. And IQ results are a scam, a paranoia of people that want to put labels and numbers on humans.