1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Diet - does food matter?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Ashamedof, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Ashamedof

Ashamedof New Fapstronaut

What do you think, guys?

What we eat can help or make it worst?

onebookperweek, Yesodi and croberts like this.
  2. Zinc

Zinc Fapstronaut

I dunno

3. ifthisislove

ifthisislove Fapstronaut

It definitely matters.

Which is why I'm going to be doing a 30 day challenge of no sugar and no fast food. The reason for this is because I've ballooned in weight in the last few weeks eating bad foods and not moving about much. I'm not even going to try and make excuses here, it's all my fault.

4. OheyApple

OheyApple Fapstronaut

Personally whenever I eat well and track my diet via myfitnessapp i usually have the longest no pmo streaks. Diet helps me with being occupied not sure why but maybe because I'm prepping my meals, cooking and also I train so I have to.

Eating good food helps in so many ways inside and out try having lots of water in the morning and some fruit this really helps kick start a good day. Try avoid processed sugar try getting used to dark chocolate it really helps with binge eating as you only need to have two pieces. Try make small habits first don't make big changes all of a sudden as you're most likely to go back to your old ways :)

onebookperweek likes this.
  5. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

yes..

For me, I avoid fatty and junk foods

6. Definitely affects it.

Sex Addicts Anonymous put tiredness, loneliness and hunger down as the top three triggers. If you eat bad your blood sugar goes up and down like a rollercoaster and takes your mood up and down with it.

Eat well and your mood stays stable.

onebookperweek and Yesodi like this.
  7. SONofVEnus

SONofVEnus Fapstronaut

Some people say meat can make you more aggressive and horny. In my experience, if you eat a lot of it, it is true. Specially when I am not physically active.

8. Yesodi

Yesodi Distinguished Fapstronaut

9. onebookperweek

onebookperweek Fapstronaut

Yes.

In my experience, I have come to realize that certain foods, such as processed foods or genetically modified ones (GMO), can place stress on your mind.

The reason, is that these types of foods are inflammatory. When we eat them (i.e. chips, ice cream, milk chocolate; extremely processed breads; graham crackers; factory-farmed meat, milk; and even soy products), our intestinal bacteria "attack" them, as they have never come into contact with such food throughout the last 2.5 million years that we have been in the Paleolithic era.

As a result, pain and stress increase; our mind detects that, and increases its likelihood of seeking a release from that stress.

10. Too much Omega 6 in the diet is a major risk to our health - most consume far more than recommended amounts.

11. kk76

kk76 Fapstronaut

When I'm not MO/PMO I tend to swap one addiction to eating sweet stuff to compensate and see it like it's not as bad. Some sweet stuff is OK but not in the way I sometimes do

SONofVEnus likes this.
  12. Lunar Devil

Lunar Devil Fapstronaut

Yes IT DOES. Anyone who has reached the point where they can meditate like 4 hours or more, they are able to recognize, all food you eat has an effect on you. Some foods will make your sexual drive more active or your mind less vigilent. In bramacharya texts, diet is highly recognised because it should look it up. But dont stress over it, if you workout a lot then you need some meat man. Avoid pork I would say and beef too, cows are fucking lazy...chicken is good! I would avoid all milk, unless you can go to east europe or asia and get it stragiht from the cow yourself, its pasteurized and that is no longer milk, so avoid all milk and pork. Also 2nd rule is: do not consume only eat 'food'. Chocolate will do you no good! Simple, no need to kill yourself over it...just work out

13. kk76

kk76 Fapstronaut

Yesterday was two Belgian buns, a desert, a bag of sweets and a chocolate bar. But at least I'm not PMO.

It is exchanging but I am aware of it so I try and choose better. Plus regular meal intakes mean I do not want to pick at snacks so taking a meal to work helps. Also go straight to the bus stop and do not go in the shop