1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between self confidence and pride

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Follower of God❤️, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Follower of God❤️

Follower of God❤️ Fapstronaut

There is this thin line between, what you call self confidence and pride, or arrogance.

In pride, one person gets blind and see that the world is rotating around him/her.
    He thinks he's the best, which cause him to perform actions which will be stabbed on himself.

Okay, so how to control this (this isn't a one day task, you must keep practice to attain it) urge and use it as your advantage?

Well it's simple, just add few words to that,
    Instead of saying, "I am the best" you can say "I am a better version of myself"
    Also, you have to work to be the best version of yourself. @Better version of myself ;)

Let me know if this works for you,
    Since it did for me I shared it.

2. Quezatolah

Quezatolah Fapstronaut

I used to proclaim I'm going to be the best version of myself, but I realized that statement was illogical and you'll never reach it because you only have one prime in your life, also you'll always have room for improvement so you can only be a better version of your current self.

So I've changed to saying I'll make the best of what I have, that's a much more logical statement which doesn't make any assumptions about the future while encouraging you to be resourceful and creative. It also makes it so you're not looking for more than you currently have so you develop an abundance mindset.

Follower of God❤️ likes this.