1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Digital detox. What do you think?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Targaryenn, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Targaryenn

Targaryenn Fapstronaut

What do you think about digital detox? Have any benefits?
    When I say "digital detox" I mean 24 hours without internet and technology.

2. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I did it for about 10 days, at first I felt good but then became really depressed which I'm guessing is the dopamine levels plummeting. Nofap is already difficult enough without cutting technology out as well, I do think you can reboot quicker that way if that's the aim you're working towards but it's not easy. I don't think you'll notice much after 24 hours but you may experience it different.

Targaryenn likes this.
  3. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

Sure it helps, but even people who do a long period of abstinence from technology won't necessarily understand things any better. For the most part people also make exceptions like for recovery meetings and support groups.

We might think of it like a physical detox: Do you just straight up fast and not eat anything, or do you choose what you have carefully? Some people do a juice fast to get the nutrients. It is of course possible to have non-digital information and media consumption like from books, though of course it also depends on the content.

You can do both: Have a period of total abstinence from technology and also choose your usage carefully. What we know is a detox is by nature a temporary period of time, but the careful choices is what you need to do all the time to make it sustainable.

Targaryenn likes this.
  4. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Nah tecnology is what helps me to not think in fap

Targaryenn likes this.