1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Discomfort, irritability, anxiety, and superstitious thoughts

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by GaryBee, Apr 20, 2015.

1. GaryBee

GaryBee New Fapstronaut

I feel very uncomfortable today. I have increased anger towards authorities and people in general, anxiety, and elevated superstitious thinking (which is known to increase when an individual feels a loss of control, an unfortunate byproduct of natural selection).

I don't really feel like fapping at all. Has anyone gone through a similar phase during nofap?

2. Nomorelosttime

Nomorelosttime Fapstronaut

Yes, absolutely! For me the PMO disguised, medicated, soothed these feelings; and now that it can't do that, the feelings all come up to the surface. They've probably been there the whole time, but now you are being forced to experience them. The only way through them is through them, not by going around them or ignoring them. Actually they are probably telling you something important about yourself, but they don't have to dictate how you act. Stay strong, feel those difficult emotions, but make decisions based on the type of person you want to be, not as someone who is controlled by their emotions. Its a tall order, so take it one moment at a time.

Limeaid and Amukadi8 like this.
  3. depo27

depo27 Fapstronaut

Mmmm I don't think so... I just can't remember what fapping was like after all these months, lol. But aside from that, everything has been ok. But I'm on benzos, so I guess that's why I've been calm and peaceful all this time. :)

4. GaryBee

GaryBee New Fapstronaut

Thank you very much!

Mindfulness of emotions arising is one of my biggest helpers right now with fapping. The earlier I notice that I want to jerky the beef, the easier it is to decide not to identify with the emotion, which allows it to pass away naturally (and very quickly) on its own. Maybe if I can recognize these other negative emotions earlier, and if I choose not to identify with them as they arise, they'll pass away just as easily.

Great job to both of you on approaching your goals! Just three more days!

5. dedManfapping

dedManfapping Fapstronaut

There are some loooong journals on here which document well the changes and mood swings you will undergo including the dreaded 'flatline' (which I actually found to be helpful).What you are experiencing in very normal I went through it all.Feels like a constant agitation in the back of your mind right?A feeling of anxiety without a clear cause plus feelings of aggression that come and go quickly?That`s testosterone.Suddenly you have lots.

6. Vincsl

Vincsl Fapstronaut

Yes. Surpertitious thoughts included. Sometimes I feel very excited, a feeling of superpower"I can do that! I will do that" and hours later I'm afraid, I have doubts...
    I don't know if its because of the nofap thing or because I'm just streessed: Lot of work, a travel coming soon, relationships problems - or all together.

But I know it'll pass.

7. dedManfapping

dedManfapping Fapstronaut

Yes it will.Everything will stabilize in wonderful ways if you carry on to the end.Also,I should have mentioned the crazy manic thoughts and obsessions which I had for a few days,pretty fucked up.It`s all in my journal thread if you want details.Good luck.

8. GaryBee

GaryBee New Fapstronaut

Thanks! I'll check it out later today.