Discussion on adding more options than "liking" a post

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Alexander, Jul 18, 2017.

?

1. More Options

208 vote(s)
    60.5%
  2. Stay the same - just "Like"

136 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

We're considering adding other options aside from "like" such as "good advice", "information", "encouraging", "repost", etc. As you can tell, some of them are positive tags, some are negative tags. Would you prefer something more sophisticated, similar to what Facebook has, or keep it as just "like"?

2. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

Something more sophisticated..

3. Knowing how my brain works, if there would be too many options I probably would not bother to press any of them. If there is only one it takes less mental effort to use it that if there are many options. Or maybe I would just ignore most of them and just use Like, like I did so far. So yea, definitely prefer it to be as simplistic as possible.

4. i_wanna_get_better1

i_wanna_get_better1 Fapstronaut

'Liking' something doesn't always mean that you technically liked it. We use it many times to acknowledge that we've read it. Everybody wants to feel that they are being heard and it's an imperfect way of saying 'I hear you'. However not all posts are positive and 'liking' a sad post isn't the most appropriate response. On the other hand some posts are so inspirational that we want to bookmark it. So my two recommendations are something that conveys support/empathy/sadness and something that saves to a favorites list. But please don't go overboard and turn it into an emoji-fest. Please keep it simple.

Mattsfreedom, Nuth, Ev44 and 19 others like this.
  5. i enjoy the simple like buttonnn
    i use the like button because i may like what someone said/agreed with it or to bookmark a quote/paragraph someone wrote that i liked (becausse i agreed with it, want to ponder it, wish to remember it by looking back it)

i think if you were to add any button at all a dislike button wouldnt be too awful. then we dont even really have to post why we disliked (our opinions) we can just let someone know we disliked it..so that others can see what we dislike and think about it, know more what we stand and dont stand for ~
    idk what other ideas for buttons there are ..

6. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

How about we have more than 50 likes per 12 hours intead?

Low, Flyhigh and Agoodguy like this.
  7. wethebest

wethebest Fapstronaut

Just like. Come on now

8. Estus

Estus Banned

Remove the likes, they cause peer pressure and feed into a dopamine response.

oversexedsami likes this.
  9. wethebest

wethebest Fapstronaut

Very interesting

oversexedsami and Flyhigh like this.
  10. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

Like - This is a good comment that I like.

I like it because:
    Thanks - This post answers my question; it is relevant to my issue and helpful.
    Interesting - This post gives me something to think about.
    Motivating - This post is a kick in the butt that encourages me to keep rebooting.
    Inspirational - This post inspires my spirit.
    Self revealing - This post demonstrates an openness and self discovery.

Maybe you could offer an optional second level option showing why it deserves a like.

Atlanticus, Doffy, obi-wan and 8 others like this.
  11. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

12. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Dont excercise it releases dopamine

13. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

I would definitely like to see this. Would allow for us to give a more defined opinion via a vote and vice versa. I had plans on suggesting this at some point, but you beat me to it, Alex!

14. Survivalist

Survivalist NoFap Moderator
    Staff Member

People don't just get used to new stuff fast. But I'm just saying this addition would be great.
    Im getting my 2k likes soon. Getting addicted to this now lol. :(

Low, Flyhigh and Hardboiled24 like this.
  15. TheSpaniardDude

TheSpaniardDude Fapstronaut

> Like - Good job!
    > I hear you - Cool story bro
    > Get your shit together - Don't give up!

(?)

16. TheSpaniardDude

TheSpaniardDude Fapstronaut

I would need the third one a lot, pls make it a thing :(

Flyhigh and Survivalist like this.
  17. Survivalist

Survivalist NoFap Moderator
    Staff Member

Would like to see this !

TheSpaniardDude likes this.
  18. JonTableau

JonTableau Fapstronaut

Bit of a tricky design situation. I most prefer the facebook-style--and have it so that my default, the lowest-effort action (clicking it once) by default does a like, but something analogous to a "long-press" yields additional options.

I'm unsure if this is the exact mechanism facebook has, but I suggest that clicking once defaults to "like", but then clicking on it after you've "liked" the post then brings up a menu of other options, one of which is "remove like".

19. NightReaper775

NightReaper775 Fapstronaut

That "removal" is too tricky also. You could have "like" as a big default option, and other ways of rating a post as "other options" or "more".

20. VagueUnicorn

VagueUnicorn Fapstronaut

Adding some option will address a good or bad feedback. "Like" "Dislike" "Share" "Hug" etc.