Discussion on adding more options than "liking" a post

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Alexander, Jul 18, 2017.

?

1. More Options

208 vote(s)
    60.5%
  2. Stay the same - just "Like"

136 vote(s)
    39.5%
  1. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut

Like is good enough. I sometimes think the trophy thing should be scrapped

2. ApoplecticSpud

ApoplecticSpud Fapstronaut

Thank you for reaching out! Despite a positive force being necessary in these forums, I think that with some posts in the threads I follow it would be more appropriate to give a negative reaction, particularly when someone in a thread I follow loyally relapses or considers something I don't believe to be good for them.

3. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

Right now the vote is pretty even. In order for me to make a change, I'll need a convincing reaction, not just 51% or something hairline.

4. ManO'War

ManO'War Fapstronaut

Leave it. If "like" does not suffice, I quote and reply.
    I'm new here but am on a few other forums that have a like button.

5. InToDeep007

InToDeep007 New Fapstronaut

I want rankings! so we get motivated to go further. I am willing to come up with names.
    Rankings with go according to the amount of days gone without fap.
    Our nofap community will benefit and more fapsters will want to join.

I will win and Hardboiled24 like this.
  6. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

What I think will be nice is it's hard to like a "Day 0" post. But, if you can emote it, it shows support w/o the awkward connotation of liking a temporary fail. Surely other instances exist.

7. LakeMichigan

LakeMichigan Fapstronaut

Yes, there should be more options than like but not too many.

8. THEBEATPOLICE

THEBEATPOLICE Fapstronaut

The guy's who voted no are scared of change and it is the same reason they will never recover.

9. sfmark12

sfmark12 Fapstronaut

Yeah I would have more options than like. We can have virtual hug, that's all I got lol. It'll be useful in the loneliness section.

10. theMotivator

theMotivator Fapstronaut

I think it would more involving to have more options, because right now you can't really tell what does the "like" mean in certain situations :D
    The only question arises, will other "options" appear under the profile image (under like and trophies)?

11. Hardboiled24

Hardboiled24 Fapstronaut

There should be an option to disable showing h
    Good point. If new options are added, they should not be listed under the profile image.

12. Yes. Not too many though. We need something else other than like because it really doesn't fit many situations around here.

13. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Angery reacts only. :rolleyes:

14. VagueUnicorn

VagueUnicorn Fapstronaut

removing "like" is something that you are removing hope to other's trying to reboot. An option like this under the table "Polls" and "Appreciation" is what gives to anyone wanting to improve what they doing possitive.

15. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

Imo "like" is enough.

But it would be nice if we could somehow bookmark posts.

Dizzy Lotus and Hardboiled24 like this.
  16. The Peace Warrior

The Peace Warrior Fapstronaut

'Like' is ok.
    Keep it simple..

Dizzy Lotus likes this.
  17. Dizzy Lotus

Dizzy Lotus Fapstronaut

I am definitely not in favour of such reaction systems.
    One thing should be clear to everyone: there should not be an ability to rate posts negatively. That'll only stir up drama.
    But even more positive reactions, I'm strongly against. And believe me, I have used a similar system, and still dislike it.
    The meaning of a 'like' is different to every person. And that's alright. That's completely fine.
    Adding more reactions will only make things more confusing, more complicated, and more likely to cause miscommunication.
    Please keep it as simple as it is now.

If you want to react to a post in another way than just pressing like, you can quote the post and write a reply.

[​IMG]

Hardboiled24 likes this.
  18. It already exists. Go join the Heirs of the Sun group.

xeno-R3deemed likes this.
  19. I actually think it would be great to have more buttons! Likes are fairly vague. Honestly if I was someone posting on the forums who wanted an opinion, I'd be able to gauge the reaction towards my posts with the different possible options! I say why not?