1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Divorce and Remarriage

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Stragler

Stragler Fapstronaut

Is staying married to a partner who is divorced, living in sin? True repentance causes action and the Bible states that remarriage after divorce causes that individual to commit adultery. Are they having adultery every time they have sex with the new partner?
    “Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.”
    ‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

2. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

I did not understand your statement. You are asking if somebody marry a divorced man or woman is a sin ?

Taylor25 likes this.
  3. Stragler

Stragler Fapstronaut

Yea I was wondering if it is sin to marry into or stay in that relationship?

4. Paul69

Paul69 Fapstronaut

If a man or woman is divorced they are free to marry again. No harm done in my view.

Hros and jk243 like this.
  5. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I'm no NT expert, but are you sure that the verse you're quoting is talking about a divorced woman? It may be talking about a still-married but neglected woman whose husband got a second wife (known today as polygamy) and then the first wife went and got married to another man which is in fact adultery.
    The Tanach (OT) clearly states that a married couple can get divorced.

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Wait so if I marry for the first (And only) time in my life, a divorsed woman, I'm commiting adultery?

The Bible dude.

7. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Not at all. The Bible authorize Divorce but only if one had committed adultery.

8. Stragler

Stragler Fapstronaut

“But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.”
    ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:32 ESV
    So what if you are the one who committed adultery. Do you have the right to marry again?

9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Okay.
    You lied to me.

10. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Yes why not.

11. Sounds like a bunch of lawyers in here! ;-)