1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do cold showers work?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sean Edie, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Sean Edie

Sean Edie Fapstronaut

I enjoy a good shower but I also like it to be hot Does the temperature do anything to stop urges?
    Do you start the shower the way you usually do and then at the end just turn down the heat or do you wash yourself fully while it's cold?
    I think that's enough questions about it so just give your own experience

2. Does it work? it will help with the urges yes.

you can do either method really. whichever one works for you. It won't give you superpowers or anything tho.

Sean Edie likes this.
  3. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

I take cold showers after I work out. They're nice if you get the urge to masturbate in the shower. It's hard to masturbate in a cold shower. But it never gets really cold where I live so I don't take freezing cold showers. I don't think they need to be that cold, just cold enough to stop you from masturbating.

4. I will not answer whether it stop urges, that short term effect should be self evident and doesn't even need to be asked. Look instead at people who are not doing it to stop urges if you want a more comprehensive understanding, if nothing else that right there tells you there are other benefits even if you don't what it is.

Think about it: If you are in contact with hot water, the blood vessels dialate. If it's cold, it constricts. So there's a pumping action. It doesn't take special knowledge about physiology to get this, you just need to know there are such a thing as blood vessels and have common sense. Also obviously there's a range of tolerance of how cold it gets and depending on climate some people in some places probably can't go with the coldest at certain times of the year, at least of a certain duration. Why would you think so, because some random person online posted a round number? Isn't everyone going to be at least slightly different? If you always ask short sighted questions you'll always get short sighted answers. Nobody online knows you or your physiology, you have to try it out and nobody says you need to jump in all cold all the time for a long time.