1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do rich people get bored?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 27, 2019.

1. I'm talking multimillionaire/billionaire rich. With that kind of money, it seems like there's always something to do/fill your time with

Coolyorky likes this.
  2. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

I know a multi millionaire that has been on 8 big cruises around the world and travelled everywhere, got a nice house and car and blablabla, but got bored as hell from all that. He now just rides a forklift at his own company, because he likes to do that. Moving boxes into shelves etc.

3. You dont get it, you are not billionaire if you have free time. I dont talk about Dubai sheiks or bullshit like that but about people who actually build their empires from bottom. Trust me, Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates have barely free time.

4. Interesting

5. make me a millionare and I will let you know the answer

6. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

Gotta say that this man is above 70 years old though. But yea very interesting

Fixmybrain likes this.
  7. Coolyorky

Coolyorky Fapstronaut

The average ceo/director/big business boss works more than the average person and reads a book a week.

The spoilt rich kids though? Who knows

Fixmybrain and Roffelaar like this.
  8. I'm broke af and never get bored.

boichy, ? ? ?, Infrasapiens and 3 others like this.
  9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Probably, when you can do easily everything you want, everything seems dull, there is joy in putting effort to reach your goals. Look at me, I can barely pay public transport and I am having the time of my life.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  10. JakeWoods

JakeWoods Fapstronaut

I don’t think they will ever get bored.

I mean it depends how they became a millionaire. If they have to work all the time then their lives will be filled with work. If they however don’t work and they have people doing all their work for them. Then perhaps they are out living the dream. Holidays, nice hotels, expensive cars, fancy clothes etc....

But even after a while of doing that. The novelty wears off to the point where even nice things aren’t that interesting anymore. Somebody who is used to all that stuff becomes bored of it quite quickly. Yet somebody who has nothing would be over the moon with a piece of crap car that they could have. You need the balance. You don’t want so much money to the point where you lose appreciation for everything. The only good thing about having money is that you basically remove all stress from your life. There’s lots of negatives that come from having too much money.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  11. Coolyorky

Coolyorky Fapstronaut

There’s always another level. Financially, socially, educationally.

If you’re broke and have a bad job you can always climb higher. Achieve more. Push yourself!

If you’re a multi millionaire you can still embark on learning more. Giving to charity and helping family!

Whoever you are there’s always another level to the game. Reach your full potential

Fixmybrain likes this.
  12. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Eventually you will run out of things to spend your money on, and boredom will seep in. However if you don't focus on your money or spending money, then you will not become bored. The issue isn't being rich, the issue is thinking that being rich will fulfill you and make you happy.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  13. Most of the rich people I know are never bored because they're too busy trying to get more money.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  14. I'll lyk when I get my first record deal

*ideally w/ def jam*

15. Coolyorky

Coolyorky Fapstronaut

Would you rather be a rich guy having a bad day or a poor guy having a bad day?

The more money you have the more choices you have. Don’t demonise money or wealthy people.

16. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Being bored is a mindset, and it depends what you considered to be “bored”. What I consider fun can be boring to others, and vice versa, and in that sense they can be bored. Also, Many rich people are too busy to be “bored” in the sense of having nothing to do, but they may find aspects of their careers or ownership boring. So, bored as in not being able to do anything? Probably, or probably not, but they still can get bored.

17. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I am quite sure that the millionaires who are self-made in this world are rarely bored since they accumulated that money by building up a business or service around something they are quite passionate about and passionate people do rarely get bored. Most of them enjoy what they are doing 24/7 and are driven by their passion(s) which makes them going and not ceasing to produce things/services that people demand.
    These people rarely waste time which unfortunately the remaining 95+% of people (who are not wealthy and successful overall) tend to do and hence is one of the main reasons for why they never get wealthy during their lifetime. It might sound blunt and harsh but it is a fact that cannot be denied!

With that said, there are indeed very few people overall (with exception for those with mental illnesses or retardations of some kind) who cannot be successful. The general population just have to acquire the right mindset/beliefs and substitute many of their bad habits for better ones and success is indeed several steps closer.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  18. 9446.jpg

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Is this directed towards me? Cause I agree with you