1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you experience mood changes? confidence changes? Am I a Bipolar

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Believer92, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Believer92

Believer92 Fapstronaut

So for a few years now I experience that my mindset can switch from being confident, happy, 'hungry for life'-mindset to it's complete opposite.. Doubting, doubting my happiness, my hunger in life, getting lazy...

It can switch in 1 day without anything having changed in my life without anything to have happened. I wouldn't say it's in an extreme way but more in a subtle way... So it's not like I start my day hungry and then end up with crying in a corner. So no not like that but just more subtle, subtle mindset changes. I'm having these my entire life and it's freaking exhausting :/

It's not because of NoFap, it's just always there, these little switches. sometimes I notice them sometimes I don't...

Anyone experiencing something like this? or something that sounds familiar to this? Do I have kind of a bipolar disorder?

2. I've experienced a very similar situation. My experience is not due to being bi-polar, but rather the result of anxiety and depression. All people handle and exhibit signs of depression differently. You do not have to be crying in the corner to be clinically depressed. You may have also lived with this for so long that this is your normal and you do not know that you are depressed.

Believer92 likes this.
  3. Believer92

Believer92 Fapstronaut

good point. So you're saying this might be like a subtle disguised depression?

4. Not so much as disguised, but rather you had had this for so long it feels normal to you.

Here are some symptoms of depression from the internet. You do not have to have all the symptoms to be depressed and men display symptoms differently than women.

Mood: anxiety, apathy, general discontent, guilt, hopelessness, loss of interest, loss of interest or pleasure in activities, mood swings, or sadness
    Behavioral: agitation, excessive crying, irritability, restlessness, or social isolation
    Sleep: early awakening, excess sleepiness, insomnia, or restless sleep
    Whole body: excessive hunger, fatigue, or loss of appetite
    Cognitive: lack of concentration, slowness in activity, or thoughts of suicide
    Weight: weight gain or weight loss
    Also common: poor appetite or repeatedly going over thoughts

5. Believer92

Believer92 Fapstronaut

So I might being depressed my whole life and not knowing it? I mean I've had 1 year where I was definitely depressed and I knew it for sure, I got out of it. But this long-term subtle depression comes as a surprise. I didn't look at it this way...

When I'm almost constantly asking myself how I come over, is this anxiety? I mean I'm not scared of people or scared to talk I'm not scared to walk up to somebody and ask something. But I do have this annoying reflex of wanting to know what people are thinking about me. I mean it's a good habit somehow to ask yourself if people would like you (making some self reflection now and then). But I feel like I'm drowning in this... It's stronger than me. Can this being categorized as anxiety? Being to focused on what people think about you?

6. I'm not sure about the anxiety question you asked. You would need to consult with a healthcare provider for a diagnosis of depression and anxiety. However, excessive worrying about what people think about you could certainly lead to anxiety and would impact how much of yourself you let people se. You might even show them the side of yourself that you think they want or are expecting to see. The problem with this is that 1.) it's exhausting and 2.) you can loose who you are because you not being true to the person you are inside.

7. Believer92

Believer92 Fapstronaut

I think I'm pretty much myself it's just I'm an overthinker. But trying to beat my mind is something I do everyday. Anyway.
    Robbie my man thank you for your insights on this :)

8. Check out cyclothymia. It's a mild form of .BP. That mood switching without the deep depression. I was diagnosed BP, but this lighter version fits better. Sort out anxiety and depression and does that drive you to fap? Many things sound similar, but look to the extremes to help diagnose yourself. Overthinking mind swirl is how I live. Might be ADHD + depression. Impulse control and obsessing kill my will to quit as well. Google what you feel and see what might fit.

9. NP and good luck. Hit me up if you need to chat.

10. Believer92

Believer92 Fapstronaut

I googled this before when I got in a deep depression once, but it wasn't due to any disorder. I was in a bad time of my life ( and also did some drugs with it's after effects). It was the only extreme depression I got. So think I don't fit in the Bipolar discription where it constantly switches.

I read about Cyclothymia once and indeed I think I fit more to this description. But how to know for sure? I don't think this makes me fap. I know for myself I have a high libido/ sexdrive. I didn't spend much time around girls, and I still don't. I think the combination of not having spend much time with girls, or going out and my high libido makes me fap. I mean I'm still human...lol.

but definitely cyclothymia is something I qualify for (if we can say it that way). Do you think being to focused on what people think about me comes from there? This mostly happens around the more confident people...

anyway f*ck it. NoFap, working out, dieting, and doing what I do helps me to overcome these thoughts so... :)

11. I tend to withdraw and think to much of others. I can't be around peers especially if they seem to have their shit together. Part of that constant thinking is to pull into oneself as it seems no one will understand. Lots of things can match these feelings as well. When diagnosed I had a lot going on, and they can't answer what came first or what caused what. Maybe it's just anxiety and depression. Maybe getting free of this is the ticket as well.