1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have friends ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by EXPONENTIALLY, Feb 17, 2019.

Do you REALLY have 'friends' ?

1. YES

31 vote(s)
    62.0%
  2. NO

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  1. Baerle

Baerle Fapstronaut

I got two people that I consider my best friends. I get very well along with them. Sadly, they have a lot of stuff happening in their lives (unlike me haha), so I don't see them that often. Sometimes I wonder a bit if one really likes me a lot as a friend or if he's just nice to me, but then again I give my f* up mind responsibility for those thoughts and believe in true friendship.

2. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

I don't really want any 'friends' I think. Lol. I'm free!

I only get grieved about lacking the presence of my wife that I would like to have.

But that doesn't mean I have to socialize like a hypocrite. In fact, the times I attracted a stunning girl (who did the first move) I was isolated and alone. So, abstinence is my wife-magnet somehow. Don't need any stupid friends, who moreover might draw me back deeper into PMO!

I can listen to Clasik Obas on YouTube or others, if I feel the urge to be socially genuinely supported. Easy!

3. I have friends. Friends play an important role in life. I dont think having just a spouse is enough. Your wife cant be your friend in the same way friends should be. Men need male friendships in my opinion or brother relationships that could be seen as close friendships. If you struggle making friends you aren't alone. There are tons of articles and research on friendships and men. I dont think the answer is to simply devalue it though. I do think too that as you get older you desire different things from friendship. For example when I was younger I definately wanted that friend who had your back "bros before hoes" drinking and mischief partner in crime. Now I prefer a friend who will challenge me to be better then I am, who is stable, a person who if I was in the hospital would take my son to the park and play catch.

4. EXPONENTIALLY

Well I rather be alone than infect myself with programmed reprobate toxic people, I've always been disappointed and disrespected in 'friends', they might be possessed by some demons, they still have the free will to choose it. I choose bliss, I will attract naturally good people.

5. I used to have a few friends but we basically lost touch as we grew older. It's hard to make friends when you're older because most people have spouses and children that take most of their time and they tend to only make friends with other couples with kids. I'd have to say that I really don't have friends anymore. Just acquaintances.

6. EXPONENTIALLY

You already know.

7. Right.

8. I don't mean to flex on yall but I've got a few online friends.. !

9. Afraid not. I'd like some, but I haven't found any.

I used to have some online friends I talked to almost everyday, but we grew apart.

10. You missed the word 'yet.'

EXPONENTIALLY likes this.
  12. AxBlaim

AxBlaim Fapstronaut

Never had a friend... Only family that I can trust

13. Face it, got no real friends, only family are my real ones./

14. backtolife42

backtolife42 Fapstronaut

I got two close friends, and a few people who i occasionaly hang out with and I can have a good time with.

15. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

I have about 5 I can think of. I’m sorry you never experienced this.

16. gsherman100

gsherman100 Fapstronaut

You know they say no one talks about Jesus’ greatest miracle. Being 35 with 12 close friends.

17. Sounds awesome, to have family you can trust and be close to. Value that.

18. EXPONENTIALLY

I agree.

19. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Yeah, I've got friends. Real friends. Not many, but they are true.

Tell ya something, you can only find real friends by being real yourself. You'll never find real friends if you close off your heart to pain, 'cuz when you do that you become just like all the other dead people in the world who walk around like lifeless zombies, hungry for whatever little scraps of love they can tear off another person's bones.

I just became homeless on Jan 15th. Can't even begin to tell you all the different ways I was stabbed in the back by those I loved and trusted. But you know what? I'm not going to let this tell me who I am or who I should love. I'm standing stronger now than ever before because of this abuse. That's the kind of man and friend I am. My real friends are likewise full of heart and courage.

I am proud to know every single one.

Deleted Account and u376 like this.
  20. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Very true
    Wish I understand this earlier

letter likes this.