1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like delicious food? Have a favorite recipe? So, share it! Book of recipes.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by a_man, Apr 17, 2021.

1. a_man

a_man Fapstronaut

Hello everyone !

I love to eat but other than that I also love to cook.

And I didn’t have enough space to post my recipes.

So, let's share your recipes the ones that you TRIED (this is important!).

Why exactly the ones that have tried?Because this is not a topic where we just post delicious videos.

Mainly upload your recipes in video format; try to post videos in high quality.

Please,guys post a youtube video OR link from website where you found the recipe.

Thank you!

2. a_man

a_man Fapstronaut

3. D_rax

D_rax Distinguished Fapstronaut

Here's a hummus recipe I've made like 6 times this year. It's been amazing every time:

# Hummus

## YOU WILL NEED

- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups (250 grams) cooked chickpeas
    - 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
    - 1/4 cup (60 ml) well-stirred tahini, see our homemade tahini recipe
    - 1 small garlic clove, minced
    - 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
    - 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    - Salt to taste
    - 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) water
    - Dash ground paprika or sumac, for serving

## DIRECTIONS
    In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. This extra time helps “whip” or “cream” the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy.How to Make Hummus-Recipe-Step-1

Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended. Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.How-to-Make-Hummus-Recipe-Step-2

Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpea. To fix this, with the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency.How-to-Make-Hummus-Recipe-Step-3

Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika. Store homemade hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week. (D_rax note: it NEVER lasts that long in my house. D_rax likes his Hummus.)

Source : https://www.inspiredtaste.net/15938/easy-and-smooth-hummus-recipe/

a_man likes this.
  4. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Shakshuka is pretty nuch my perfect weekend brunch. A couple of eggs (per person), poached in a spiced flavoursome tomato and pepper sauce. Mop it up with a flatbread and wash it down with a nice strong coffee, sets you up for the day.

Serves four.

½ tsp cumin seeds
    190ml light olive oil or vegetable oil
    2 large onions, peeled and sliced
    2 red and 2 yellow peppers, cored and cut into 2cm strips
    4 tsp muscovado sugar
    2 bayleaves
    6 sprigs thyme, picked and chopped
    2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
    1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
    6 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
    ½ tsp saffron strands
    Pinch of cayenne pepper
    Salt and pepper
    Up to 250ml water
    8 free-range eggs

In a large saucepan, dry-roast the cumin on high heat for two minutes. Add the oil and sauté the onions for two minutes. Add the peppers, sugar, bayleaves, thyme, parsley and two tablespoons of coriander, and cook on high heat to get a nice colour. Add the tomatoes, saffron, cayenne, salt and pepper. Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, adding enough water to keep it the consistency of a pasta sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning. It should be potent and flavoursome. You can prepare this mix in advance.

Place four saucepans on medium heat and divide the mixture between them. Break two eggs into each pan, pouring into gaps in the mixture. Sprinkle with salt, cover and cook very gently for 10-12 minutes, until the egg just sets. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with chunky white bread.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/apr/16/yotam-ottolenghi-shakshuka-recipe

a_man likes this.