1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

do you like girls who wear make-up?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by astronaut prime, Jul 23, 2018.

1. There is no logic in this. If I eat a soup that is salty, it is possible to boost the saltiness-level by putting more salt, that doesn't mean the soup was lacking or needing salt before. It is possible to possess a healthy amount of self-confidence in terms of personal, social and mental abilities, and to further boost that amount by having one's environment react positively to one's physical appearance.

That's not hard to understand at all. I wonder what you gain from questioning my intelligence all the time.. what is hard to understand is the fact that you presented an argument and just continued to ignore supporting your argument with further explanation. That doesn't only make your argument incomprehensible but also invalid.

But the appearance of the body as it naturally is includes it being naked, without "bizarre" looking clothes. Do you actually walk around naked on the street and everywhere you go to look as natural as possible? :eek:

2. You cannot prove something by an illustration. I simply expressed my opinion and you have a different opinion, that's all. I agree with the comment from @Moon Shot:
    You have twice brought up the matter of your intelligence. I have not and none of my comments are attempts to do so.
    I'm not sure why you have made this personal @AngelofDarkness. I agreed with the premise you gave, namely, "Women who shave their legs, armpits and private parts are equally bizarre-looking because it's equally unnatural and bizarre to take a tool that removes hair that is in its natural state of being." [sic] We can agree on this. That is good, isn't it? :)

3. Is not an illustration. It's a direct counter-argument to what you said.

I'm applying your own logic to make your argument consistent with not wearing any clothes. How is that making things personal? :confused:

You just seem to conveniently pick out random points you want to discuss and choose to ignore putting the whole discussion into context by doing so, which makes it pointless to discuss anything. If we need to agree to disagree here, I'm okay with that. :)

4. You quoted a different part of the paragraph. The illustration was in the words I quoted in the first instance...
    Your next question is:
    In your quotation below, I have put in bold and italicised the words that make your comment about me personally...
    If you think "it pointless to discuss anything", then yes, let's agree to disagree.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  5. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

I humbly disagree with line. Like I said earlier earlier, I should not have used that word. I was trying to point out that make-up can have a positive impact on the day, and is therefore not useless. I do not think that many woman depend on makeup to function throughout the day at all, and that generalisation/observation has not been backed with any citation.

As we've already discussed, there are several reasons why people wear makeup, and among them, to quote what I said, 'Make-up can be used as a boost of confidence, and not that an individual depends on it, but it may be plus point.' The word 'boost' in the second sense, means an 'increase, raise.' (by Merriam Webster) This does not necessitate any absence of confidence, as @AngelofDarkness pointed out in her illustration, and therefore no feeling of insecurity. Makeup does not entail shallowness, dependence, vanity or insecurity. It has nothing to do with it. And I guess that's the crux of the issue here. It's the heart of an individual that matters, and we shouldn't draw any conclusions based on the external features of an individual, because the exterior may be entirely different from the interior.

And to answer, @astronaut prime's question in the title, 'Do you like girls who wear make-up?' Yes, I do, but my liking them has nothing to do with what's on their face, and everything to do with what's in their heart.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  6. An observation or an opinion does not require a citation.

7. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

I apologise, that is why I have used the alternative, 'generalisation.'

8. Well I have been misquoted and misunderstood throughout this thread. I have not made the generalisation that women that wear make up are all vain and insecure. I have also stated, clearly, that it is simply my opinion. I thought that is what the OP invited. But I have been hounded by those that have a different opinion (to which they are equally entitled).

9. Moon Shot

Moon Shot Fapstronaut

That is unfair to you, Sir, and I'm truly sorry for anytime during this discussion, you felt this way. You are right, we are all equally entitled to our opinion.

10. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I say I like them wearing light makeup, though I feel I should learn to like them with no makeup. Ween myself off the ever youthful facade.

11. I mostly agree with you, but I will say, I have definitely met women who are dependent on makeup. There are definitely women out there who refuse to leave the house at all without "putting on their face" first. I wouldn't say most women are like that at all, and I wouldnt specifically judge a woman as being like that simply because I see that she wears a lot of makeup. But those women definitely do exist.

There was a time in my life, although I've never worn a ton of makeup, in which I felt like I couldn't leave the house without it. And God convicted me of that and showed me that I was making makeup and idol-of-sorts and that I should learn to be happy with what Hes given me, so I stopped wearing makeup for a while. And it was really hard at first, especially when people who were friends with me and used to seeing me with makeup kept saying I looked weird or asking if I was sick or something. But eventually i got used to it, and that temporary time broke the hold makeup had over me. Now it's just something I prefer to wear a lot of the time, but I dont feel like it's necessary and I dont wear it every day.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2018
    Moon Shot likes this.
  12. TheGoldenEra

TheGoldenEra Distinguished Fapstronaut

It's the inside that counts buddy. If youre a truly a good hearted kind person (like yourself) people will believe your appearance to be the same as well, rehardest of what your think of yourself. :D

13. Thank you for agreeing with the points I have been making. I agree, most women are like that. It is kind of sad though. :(

14. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

Ive seen women caked in makeup and personally for me its a total turnoff and turn on sometimes. I guess its a love hate thing for me. I think the makeup these days has gone too far. Plucking your natural born hairs (eyebrows) and drawing them in. Im sorry but thats some insecure stuff if you ask me. It is literally a mask these women are putting on. Any studies on what makeup does to the face? For example suffocate your skin or something? Clog up the pores and what not? Im sorry but I do not know a thing about it.

15. Yes, IMO there seems a lot of insecurity bound up in this obsession with altering the body to look like something it isn't. o_O

I was watching a TV programme earlier and a mother with a daughter that looked about 12 or 13 were interviewed. Mother mentioned that she was going to allow daughter to use powder on her face for the first time. :eek: I thought why? There isn't even anything 'wrong' with her face. It is not like she has burn damage or scarring from excessive acne etc. No, she's just a normal, nice looking kid. It made me realise that females are culpable in introducing this obsession to their daughters. :(

16. Clean Plate

Clean Plate Fapstronaut

Could be. It is what is man. As long as theyre comfortable with it, im comfortable with it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. mouchella

mouchella New Fapstronaut

In general, there is one main accent in makeup - either on the eyes or on the lips.

18. Sargiel

Sargiel Fapstronaut

Complementary/light makeup is fine - but when it's clearly plastered on it's a problem and unattractive. It's shocking how much can be hidden underneath all those layers.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  19. BootstrapBill

BootstrapBill Fapstronaut

20. argumentsolid

argumentsolid New Fapstronaut

I wish I could now listen to men's comments about women's makeup! But I don't want.