1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you really believe what you think you believe?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 26, 2017.

1. I remember once hearing this pastor say, Don't tell me what you believe, show me how you live. Because how you live shows me what you truly believe.

Lately I've been listening to the Irish philosopher Peter Rollins. I find what he has to say on Christianity, atheism, social media, identity and marriage to be interesting.

I recently listen to him being interviewed on the Drunk Ex-Pastors podcast. I found what he had to say on the issue of belief to be intriguing. You can listen to the full, unedited interview here. But here's some quotes of what he said:

2. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

I've thought this before but it is a bit simplistic. We also have our passions. They move us to act in certain ways. We have reason and free will which can allow us to act rightly, but the passions pull on us. As we give into the passions then our reason becomes clouded and our will weakened. We then tend to act irrationally. A person may believe something but act at odds with that not because they don't believe it but because they've weakened their reason and will.

LivinginRecovery likes this.