1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you value truth over feeling ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by need4realchg, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Yes. I think Tao said it better than me. I was trying to convey the same thing, poorly.

need4realchg likes this.
  2. You want to restate this? I still read Tao’s and your statement as contradictions of each other.

Are feelings more like the tentacle arm of an octopus?

They are connected to the brain of arguably the sea’s most intelligent creature. While normally the octopus’ arm of tentacles responds to the brain, when severed in combat, it can function and defend itself independently of its host.

Feelings do not only work in conjunction with our brains, they also work independently of them, heck even worse they work against them! (Flesh vs spirit).

. I struggle to say definitively that we can drive them into alignment. They seem to possess a separate set of hard coded instructions. That’s why I wonder how to quarantine them effectively.

3. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Not at all. Upholding truth when you feel numb is a regular day in the life of someone with integrity.

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
    Philippians 4:11-13
    Our circumstances change. Our feelings change. But "He who gives me strength" never changes.

Sidenote: John Cooper rocks. I've seen Skillet live 41 times. That's not a typo.

Tao Jones and need4realchg like this.