1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone go to teraphy?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by j_s, Feb 16, 2015.

1. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

Hello Everyone,

When I said teraphy I meant, go to a psicology or similar, anyone?, does it work for you?, how does it change you?, do you enjoy it?

Thanks for your time

2. _ithinkican

_ithinkican Fapstronaut

Yes. I go to a psychiatrist once, sometimes twice, a week. I highly recommend it. A professional can be very helpful in supporting you on this challenging journey.

3. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

@_ithinkican Thanks for that one :) I really appreciate it :)

4. groove311

groove311 Fapstronaut

My therapist is the one who recommended an antidepressant
    to lower libido.

It really did decrease my libido or almost destroy my sex drive.
    I feel happier that I don't have to PMO and have more
    energy and time for other things.

I believe it makes me more confident as well.

5. MadHatter

MadHatter Fapstronaut

Therapy can be a wonderful tool. Highly recommended.

6. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

Thanks a million for the replies, it has been helpful for you, I've been there in the past for other reasons nothing about this. But the last one wasn't good at all, was a really bad time for me.

7. Philip1990

Philip1990 Fapstronaut

You can also contact me ;)

Regards
    Phil

8. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I've been doing therapy for the last 10 years and I can you this: it can be quite a process, but in the end, it is totally worth it. For me, it really depends on how the client being treated and if you're compatible with your therapist. I've had a few therapists in the past where I just want to punch them in the fucking face and some were way too nice and I didn't like that. Others didn't know what the fuck they were talking about or because they were frustrated with me. Just keep finding the right therapist that works for you. The therapist I have now is great. She's straight forward and direct when she needs to be, but she can be very nice and caring at times. She's not too nice and she's not a total bitch whatsoever. We've come so far together and we get along really well, so it just depends on who you're looking for. I'd definitely recommend it, but just be careful. Good luck.